Facing problems while setting up the e-file? No need to worry more!
We are here to help you get to know how to Set Up E-File in QuickBooks Payroll. This will help you to pay taxes. In addition, you can then pay state payroll taxes and file your state forms.
In order to do payments for taxes of state payroll, and filing state forms is a bit of a hectic task. Therefore, in this article, we will be talking regarding the easiest way to do so.
Hence, keep reading.
Things Required to Set up E file
There are several things you must make sure of before the procedure. Some are given below :
- Firstly, you should have an active subscription of QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll.
- Secondly, update QuickBooks desktop. It should be done to the latest maintenance release.
- Next, you have a good internet connection. It is to avoid any blockages during the procedure.
- In addition, you should enroll yourself in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) system of e filing.
These are some things you must keep in your mind.
Steps To Set Up E file in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced
You have to do some set up tasks before using the e file in QuickBooks.
Follow the steps below properly.
1. Understanding State file and Pay Methods in QB
Since there are several ways, every state tax has its particular way. Through this way they do payments and Set Up E-File in QuickBooks Desktop. Hence, let’s first know some of these various ways :
- E file + E Pay
In this method, e filing and e payment are done together. Likewise, at the same time, these are sent to the state agency.
- E file and E Pay Individually
This method has two steps. Hence, you can do e filing and e payment differently. It can be done at different times therefore. Also, send it to the state agency differently.
- E filing only
The method allows users to e-file the form only. They cannot use e pay. Instead, they can print and create tax payments. And then, send it to the state agency.
- E Payment only
Similarly, here you can only e pay the tax. Yet, you cannot e file the form. You have to create and fill a tax form and later send it to the state.
- Neither E file nor E pay
Here, users can’t do filling or payment of taxes electronically. Yet, they have to prepare forms and print checks in QB. And then, they can send it to the state agency.
- Creating file for upload
Quickbooks users can create a State Unemployment file in QB. Consequently, it can be manually uploaded to the state agency.
2. Registration with State Agencies
If you have not registered yourself with the State Unemployment Insurance Tax agency and state withholding, then, you must do so. In order to pay taxes or file forms, the user should register themselves. You will get an account number, tax rates, login details for the website.
3. Scheduling Payment Setup in QuickBooks
Scheduled Payments are very beneficial. They will let you know when taxes are due. So, it helps you to not miss any payment. If you do not have access to e payments, you can set up scheduled payments in Quickbooks.
Therefore in order to do so, follow the below steps :
- Firstly, go to Employees. Click on Payroll Taxes and Liabilities.
- Next, select Edit Payment due dates or methods.
- After that, click on schedule payments.
- Select the state tax you wish to schedule.
- Click edit.
- Then, go to the payment method. Choose E-pay or check.
- Type the state account number.
- Then, click on Payment Frequency.
- Repeat the same for every state tax.
- After that, choose Continue.
- Next, select the bank account and click on Edit.
- Enter your account and routing number.
- Then, click on Finish.
- And the task has completed.
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks File Repair?
to resolve your query in no-time.
4. Setting Up E-file in QuickBooks
- Select Employees.
- Click on Payroll center.
- Then, in the File Forms tab, find Other Activities.
- Click on Manage filing methods.
- Then, select continue.
- After that, select the state form you want to e file.
- Next, click on Edit.
- Select E file. Likewise, click on Finish.
- Repeat the same steps for each state form you wish to file.
- After you have completed, click on Continue.
- Then, select Finish.
And you are done!
The above article has stated the easiest way to Set Up E-File in QuickBooks. We have been receiving many queries regarding the same. We hope that you query has been resolved. If you still face any kind of issues while doing the procedure, contact our support team.
You can reach out to us at our QuickBooks Enterprise support. Our technicians will be happy to help you.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans – Yes, QuickBooks allows you to use EFTPS. And hence you can pay your taxes electronically.
Ans – First, visit the official site of EFTPS. Click on Enrollment and select the business. After that, fill in the requested information. Click on Submit. You will get a PIN at mail within 7 days. It will allow you to login into your EFTPS account.
Ans – You have to complete your online PIN registration process. After the approval, the IRS sends you a 10 digit PIN. It will be in a sealed envelope.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Ques 4 – Can you e file 941 through QuickBooks?
Ans – Yes you can do so. The QB desktop Payroll Enhanced allows you to pay and file 941 taxes and forms electronically.
Ans – If you have forgotten, or lost your IP PIN, you have to visit the IRS.gov and request the portal for IP PIN. If you can’t access it online, you can contact the support team and ask what the problem is. You can also get it reissued.
Ans – At present there is no way to see PIN in Quickbooks Desktop. It happens due to security reasons. You can contact the EFTPS support team. They will resent the PIN via Mail.