How to Access QuickBooks Remotely?
QuickBooks has managed to maintain its reputation over 3 decades, as a result of being relevant to their customers. It’s easy to use functionalities, compliance and accessibility are the key factors that contribute to its longstanding popularity. QuickBooks Desktop and it’s other renditions have been created to cater to the requirements of small to mid-sized organizations. However, over time it has proved to be a proficient tool for large scale industries as well. The objective of this article is to provide you with the benefits and procedure to avail QuickBooks remote access.
What is QuickBooks Remote Access?
QuickBooks Remote Access is a secure server through which you can access your PC from any other system. All you need to have is a strong Internet connection. This feature will enable you to access your email, documents and other things anywhere. You can also transmit the files from one computer to another.
Benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access
These are benefits that you’ll receive once you access QuickBooks remotely:
- You can print documents from your remote PC to a local printer with ease.
- Copy and Paste in between PCs both local and remote.
- You can transfer a file or a whole folder in between two computers.
- Various users can work together on the same file of QuickBooks.
- It saves the cost of office infrastructure and time of travel for accountants.
- The activities of the accountants can easily be tracked by their clients or managers can.
The tool is able to connect to any remote apparatus on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
Cost to Access QuickBooks Remotely
In order to gain remote access to QuickBooks, you will have to pay for it. There are two versions available for it.
- QuickBooks Access ($3.95/month)
- Full Desktop Access ($7.75/month)
Options for Supported Remote Access on QuickBooks
Intuit offers the following options to support QuickBooks remote access functionality:
- You will be able to switch to the online version of QuickBooks
- Using the tool for QuickBooks remote access
- You will be able to host QuickBooks Desktop on cloud
Also Read: Supported QuickBooks Versions on Windows 10 [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
Steps to Access QB Remotely
- First, you will need to sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access by browsing to the Intuit website.
- Then, log into your account on the website. Launch a Web browser on the computer from which you need to access QuickBooks desktop remotely, before logging in.
- Next, click on the “Setup computer” option to download the remote access tool installation file.
- Enter a computer pseudonym in the “Nickname” field, and then click on the “Next“ option.
- Each time you log into a remote session, situate a checkmark next to the options to initiate. The options are “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse”, “Use full-screen view by default“, “Make this computer’s screen blank” and “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match“.
- Now, in order to access remotely on this computer put a check-mark next to the applications. In case you want to pay a minimal monthly fee, only open your QuickBooks accounts. After that, click on the “Next” option.
- Check the box located right next to the option for authentication. You will receive a passcode or you will have to use your phone number. The passcode option allows you to enter the website safely and continue to access QuickBooks remotely. With the phone number option, you will receive a call from the tech team, and then you will be prompted the access code. Finally, click on the “Finish” option to end the procedure.
Alternate Way for QuickBooks Remote Access
- Firstly, open a web browser from your remote computer.
- Now, open Remote Access website and sign in to your account.
- See the box with the computer nickname and click on Connect.
- Enter the passcode which you will receive on the phone.
- You need to click on the drop-down menu of Remote Access.
- Now, click on End QB Remote Access Session once the session is completed.
We hope that this article has provided you with the information to avail QuickBooks remote access. If the cost is not a constraint and you want to set up the remote access to your QuickBooks Desktop in a private environment and want to know more on how to go about it, feel free to get our expert’s advice. We are all set to help you regarding every QuickBooks-related issue. So contact us right away to get instant fixes of your queries.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Q1: Can you still access QuickBooks remotely?”]A: You can access the QuickBooks files from any computer via the remote access website. The remote access tool has contains the similar system requirements as the most recent QuickBooks versions except QuickBooks Pro for Mac. Because it doesn’t support remote access.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q2: How do I log into QuickBooks from another computer?”]A: To log in to QB from another PC, install the QuickBooks Database Manager on the remote PC.
- First of all, download & Install QuickBooks Desktop on the main computer.
- Now, click on Switch to Multi-user Mode from the QuickBooks File menu.
- Click on Yes in the Multi-user hosting setup required window.
- Finally, select OK on the Multi-user setup information window.
[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q3: Can we access QuickBooks Enterprise remotely?”]A: The QuickBooks Enterprise Remote Access feature helps you a lot in simplifying the accounting process. You can access QuickBooks even while commuting or off-premises. All of your data from QuickBooks enterprise will be stored on the cloud that can be accessed at any time.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q4: Can I host QuickBooks in the cloud?”]A: QuickBooks hosting permits you to use the software on the cloud server, where all your data and files are safely stored and operated. You can log in to the remote desktop by entering a unique username and password from anywhere. Also, you can access your data just like you used to access it from a local desktop.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q5: Are you allowed to transfer the QuickBooks license to another computer?” href=”https://qasolved.com/where-to-find-the-lost-quickbooks-license-information/” target=”_blank”]A: Yes, you are permitted to transfer your QuickBooks license from one PC to another. Before starting the procedure of transfer, Intuit suggests finding your QuickBooks license number and product number. For this, you first have to launch the original PC and then launch QuickBooks. After that, choose Help and click on About QuickBooks.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q6: Can you access QuickBooks Online remotely from any system?”]A: QuickBooks Online is cloud-based accounting software that can be accessed on any compatible browser on any computer, and mobile device.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q7: What to do to sync QuickBooks files between two PCs?”]A: You must connect both of the computers to the same network and verify that you have set the correct installation options for each PC to sync files between two PCs. Else, the right method to sync files is to uninstall the software on both computers and reinstall it with the correct options.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q8: What is the QuickBooks Remote Access Tool?”]A: QuickBooks Remote Access tool permits you to connect to a remote system that contains the QuickBooks Desktop in it. You can quickly perform business-related tasks such as access QB data folders, remote servers via a local printer, copying files from remote PCs, etc.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q9: What would be required to access QuickBooks Online data remotely?”]A: You should have a VPN server to securely connect to your office LAN remotely. After establishing the secured Virtual Private Network, you can get instant access to any device on the network. VPN permits you to access the office network from your home.[/vc_toggle][vc_toggle title=”Q10: How can you access QuickBooks Desktop from the cloud?”]A: Intuit gives you the following options that can help you in accessing the QB Desktop from the cloud.
- Switch to QuickBooks Online
- Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on cloud
- Use the remote access tool