QuickBooks has managed to maintain its reputation over 3 decades, as a result of being relevant to their customers. It’s easy to use functionalities, compliance and accessibility are the key factors that contribute to its longstanding popularity. QuickBooks Desktop and it’s other renditions have been created to cater to the requirements of small to mid-sized organizations. However, over time it has proved to be a proficient tool for large scale industries as well. The objective of this article is to provide you with the benefits and procedure to avail QuickBooks remote access.
What is QuickBooks Remote Access?
QuickBooks Remote Access is a secure server through which you can access your PC from any other system. All you need to have is a strong Internet connection. This feature will enable you to access your email, documents and other things anywhere. You can also transmit the files from one computer to another.
Benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access
These are benefits that you’ll receive once you access QuickBooks remotely:
- You can print documents from your remote PC to a local printer with ease.
- Copy and Paste in between PCs both local and remote.
- You can transfer a file or a whole folder in between two computers.
- Various users can work together on the same file of QuickBooks.
- It saves the cost of office infrastructure and time of travel for accountants.
- The activities of the accountants can easily be tracked by their clients or managers can.
The tool is able to connect to any remote apparatus on which QuickBooks Desktop is installed.
Cost to Access QuickBooks Remotely
In order to gain remote access to QuickBooks, you will have to pay for it. There are two versions available for it.
- QuickBooks Access ($3.95/month)
- Full Desktop Access ($7.75/month)
Options for Supported Remote Access on QuickBooks
Intuit offers the following options to support QuickBooks remote access functionality:
- You will be able to switch to the online version of QuickBooks
- Using the tool for QuickBooks remote access
- You will be able to host QuickBooks Desktop on cloud
Also Read: Supported QuickBooks Versions on Windows 10
Steps to Access QB Remotely
- First, you will need to sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access by browsing to the Intuit website.
- Then, log into your account on the website. Launch a Web browser on the computer from which you need to access QuickBooks desktop remotely, before logging in.
- Next, click on the “Setup computer” option to download the remote access tool installation file.
- Enter a computer pseudonym in the “Nickname” field, and then click on the “Next“ option.
- Each time you log into a remote session, situate a checkmark next to the options to initiate. The options are “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse”, “Use full-screen view by default“, “Make this computer’s screen blank” and “Automatically reduce screen resolution to match“.
- Now, in order to access remotely on this computer put a check-mark next to the applications. In case you want to pay a minimal monthly fee, only open your QuickBooks accounts. After that, click on the “Next” option.
- Check the box located right next to the option for authentication. You will receive a passcode or you will have to use your phone number. The passcode option allows you to enter the website safely and continue to access QuickBooks remotely. With the phone number option, you will receive a call from the tech team, and then you will be prompted the access code. Finally, click on the “Finish” option to end the procedure.
Alternate Way for QuickBooks Remote Access
- Firstly, open a web browser from your remote computer.
- Now, open Remote Access website and sign in to your account.
- See the box with the computer nickname and click on Connect.
- Enter the passcode which you will receive on the phone.
- You need to click on the drop-down menu of Remote Access.
- Now, click on End QB Remote Access Session once the session is completed.
We hope that this article has provided you with the information to avail QuickBooks remote access. If the cost is not a constraint and you want to set up the remote access to your QuickBooks Desktop in a private environment and want to know more on how to go about it, feel free to get our expert’s advice. We are all set to help you regarding every QuickBooks-related issue. So contact us right away to get instant fixes of your queries.