While working with QuickBooks the user may encounter some issues. These issues may hinder the work making it difficult to complete the task. This blog should be able to assist you if your QuickBooks keeps aborting.
About QuickBooks Abort Error
Quickbooks Abort Error creates difficulty in accessing the company files. An error message gets shown stating “The connection to the company files has been lost“. Any changes made to be data needs to be re-entered. Quickbooks gets closed immediately. It also suggests that there is some damaged file in QuickBooks. Now lets the causes and the effects of the abort error.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Keeps Aborting
Here are the causes of QuickBooks abort error to occur.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI files from QuickBooks.
- The hard drive may be corrupted.
- Multiple computer systems would be set up on one network to host QuickBooks.
- Using QuickBooks different versions on a multiple user mode
- Any pending QuickBooks update
- If the antivirus software of the computer clashes with QuickBooks
- Quickbooks may be corrupted
- The folder where the file is saved may need some additional permission
Effects of QuickBooks Abort Error
When the Abort Error QuickBooks occurs, it hinders the working with QuickBooks.
- While working with QuickBooks, it shuts down automatically. QuickBooks unrecoverable error occurs along with the message
- The computer system crashes randomly.
- It is also possible that QuickBooks may crash with no message in the display.
- If the computer system has windows 8 then QuickBooks gets terminated frequently when this error appears.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error
There are a few solutions if your QuickBooks keeps aborting. Perform these steps to get the best results. Get help from the professionals for better guidance. To fix the issue restart the database server manager, move the file to the different folder, set the power-saving mode to never.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- Install Quickbooks File Doctor
- Double-click the icon to launch the Tool
- Now view the results-
- If it shows “no error detected” then the files are ok
- If it shows “error detected” then
- Repair the file
- Restore the backup
- Recover the lost data with the help of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution 2: Rename the QBWUSE.INI File
Renaming will remove the last list of files opened.
- Enable the hidden folders where the QBWUSE.INI file is saved
- Navigate to Location:\[user name]\AppData\Intuit\quickbooks [year]\
- Now right click QBWUSE.INI
- Click on rename and add .oLd at the end of the file name
- Rename the .ecml file
- Now try opening the file
If the file does not open, then copy the file to another folder. Now try opening the file from there. It should be a local folder rather than a network location.
Solution 3: Check the hosting status of QuickBooks
- Go to Files
- Click on Utilities
- Now click on stop hosting to multi-user access
- Open the company file on the multi-user mode
- See for the checkmark in the box labeled – “open file in multi-user mode” is there.
Sometimes the firewall of the system may block the network access which in turn would block too many QuickBooks files and programs. So it is necessary to configure windows firewall to work well with QuickBooks.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Hope these fixes would have helped in solving the issue. If still experiencing the same issue, contact at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number.