QuickBooks Error 12152 usually arises when there is a problem with your Internet Connection settings. Therefore, QB takes too long to connect with the web servers and the updates don’t get installed. To resolve QB error 12152, make sure that your internet is running properly. You can also try various other methods given in this blog to fix this issue.
Before troubleshooting this error, you need to know the reasons behind “error 12152” and different symptoms that affect your PC.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 12152?
There are multiple reasons behind QB Error 12152, we have mentioned some of the causes below:
- QuickBooks is unable to read/write the license data.
- Windows API keys are not functioning properly.
- QuickBooks Error Code 12152 occurs if you are using an older version of QuickBooks.
- Incorrect installation of QB also leads to “Error 12152”.
- Any malware or virus attack can also cause this error.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 12152?
- Your PC breaks down while running a dynamic program window.
- Your computer hangs often and responds sluggishly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Error 12152 is displayed on your computer screen.
- Your system freezes periodically.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 12152
You can get rid of “QuickBooks Error 12152” by following different methods listed underneath:
Method 1: Check Date and Time Settings
- First thing is to verify that your system has the correct date and time settings.
- If the settings are incorrect, then go to Settings and change it.
- After that, restart your computer and see if “Error 12152” exists.
Method 2: Verify your Internet Settings
- Firstly, check your Internet connection settings.
- Now, you need to open Run.
- After that click on Internet Options Settings.
- Next step is to click on Advanced option.
- Finally, click on Advance reset option.
Method 3: Restore your Computer
- Login to your computer as an Administrator.
- After that, click on the Start menu.
- Now, you need to click on All Programs and select Accessories.
- Then choose System Tools and click on System Restore.
- A new window will open, choose “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option.
- You have to click Next.
- Select the latest System restore point and click on Next.
- A confirmation window will be displayed, you need to click on Next.
- Once the process is completed, restart your computer and check whether QB Error 12152 is resolved.
Also Read: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1603
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Method 4: Change the Backup File Extension
- First of all, click on the Start option.
- Now, type ‘command’ in the search field.
- Now press Enter by holding Ctrl + Shift simultaneously.
- Click Yes when a permission dialog box is prompted.
- After that, you will see a black box with a blinking cursor.
- Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter.
- Choose Error 12152 associated key in the registry editor.
- Go to the File menu and select Export.
- Choose the folder from Save In List to save the IE backup key.
- Enter a name in the box to save the backup.
- Choose Branch from the Export Range box.
- After that, you need to click on Save.
- Lastly, save the file with .reg extension.
Method 5: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
- The first step is to uninstall and download QB again.
- Once the software is installed on your PC, open it.
- Find Scan option and run it.
- You will see a list of issues or errors.
- Click on Repair All option to eliminate them.
The solutions provided above will help you eliminating QuickBooks error 12152. If you are unable to fix it on your own or need any technical help then call us at QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Phone Number.