Being it a software, some technical problems arrive when there is an input of incorrect data, or whenever there is a problem with the coding of the programming itself. QuickBooks Error 3140 occurs when there is any problem with syncing of data, when the downloading process of QuickBooks has corrupted itself, some infected files in the software and the most common reason is the malware attack.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error 3140?
- “QuickBooks Error 3140” can occur due to incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- A corrupt download of QB can also lead to Error 3140.
- Your Windows registry got corrupted due to anonymous changes in QuickBooks.
- Malware or virus infection in your system can also result in “Error 3140”.
- QuickBooks company file got deleted by mistake.
How does QuickBooks Error 3140 effect?
Being a technical glitch, QuickBooks error 3140 results in a number of problems that affect the system.
- It might slow the system down.
- The active window crashes
- An error pop-up box appears and closes the system.
- The mouse cursor moves slower than usual.
- Sometimes, the system freezes for a few seconds.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 3140
1. Malware attack scan
Malware attack is the most common way, QuickBooks error code 3140 occurs. So, we would recommend to first try and scanning the system for any possible malware attacks and fixing them, for your QuickBooks to work. These malicious programs affect QuickBooks and removing them is the first thing one should try to do.
Also Read: Troubleshoot QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
2. Cleaning the system using Disk Cleanup
Sometimes, storage of unnecessary files and folders. While surfing the internet, many unwanted files and media get stored in the systems which might result in QuickBooks to slow down and not function properly. Getting rid of such files is another effective way to fix QuickBooks error 3140 and for your QuickBooks to work properly.
A highly recommended way of cleaning this junk is to buy using Disk Cleanup. To run this system (For desktop/ PC/ Windows):
- Click the START button.
- Type “Command” (DO NOT HIT ENTER YET).
- Holding CTRL+SHIFT on the keyboard, hit ENTER.
- A pop-up Dialogue box would appear, Click YES.
- A black box would appear with a blinking cursor, type “cleanmgr” and hit ENTER.
- By this, Disk Cleanup would start verifying all the space you could recover by cleaning certain unwanted media.
- A Disk Cleanup dialogue box would appear with checkboxes and select the checkboxes you would like to clean.
- Hit OK.
Note: Your system is free of unwanted material.
3. PC Device Drivers
Regularly updating your PC Device Drivers can help you to fix QB error 3140. DriverDoc updates all the PC Device Drivers and this would help immensely to fix error code 3140.
QuickBooks, mostly never fails to meet the needs of the user but sometimes it does because of being software, it brings with itself, some problems and technical issues or glitches, but none which cannot be solved. Error 3140 is one of them.
If still getting the same error message “QuickBooks error 3140” after using given steps, instant dial QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number and get in touch with QuickBooks help desk.