QuickBooks is a premier accounting software meant mainly for small and medium businesses to help them in managing their finances and accounts and make their bookkeeping process very easy. It offers a variety of integrated tools that help the organization in preparing invoices, bills, etc.; managing the payroll system along with many other features. However, there are some bugs and errors which arise in the process and disturb the workflow. The users must be beware of these errors, else it might lead to potential data loss. One such error is QuickBooks Error 4120. This error displays a message which says that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down without any further explanation.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 4120
There might be a myriad of reasons that may cause this error to occur some of which are listed as follows:
- If an antivirus or security-software has falsely marked any QuickBooks executable file or other components as unsafe.
- When there is a software change related to QuickBooks, it might cause the windows registry to be corrupted.
- When any other program deletes files related to QuickBooks either by mistake or otherwise, an error may
- Defective or corrupt download or incomplete installation of QuickBooks may also lead to this error.
- Virus or malware on your system that harms the files related to Windows system may also pose a threat to QuickBooks related files.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 4120
The computer may run in a slack manner and respond slowly to the mouse and keyboard input console. It might also be crashed frequently by displays of “QuickBooks Error 4120”. Moreover, the computer may sometimes freeze or hang for a few seconds at random.
Also Read: Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 4120?
The following solutions can be implemented in order to fix the error:
Solution 1: Check if there are any System Errors
- Update the antivirus and antimalware programs on your system.
- Perform a full scan of the system once the program has been activated.
- Fix the bugs and eliminate the virus and malware, if any.
- In case, there is no virus and the problem persists, apply other solutions.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download and install the QuickBooks File Doctor application tool.
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor and will diagnose and eliminate the error.
Solution 3: Copy the Company Related Files to another System
- Copy all the company related files to another system and check if they are opening in this system or not.
- If the file opens in this system, then it will be advised to repair the Windows on the system on which QuickBooks was initially installed.
- In case the files do not open in the new system also, then they are damaged. To repair the damaged files, use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool as mentioned in Solution 2.
Solution 4: Repair/Reinstall QuickBooks
- To uninstall QuickBooks, go to the Control Panel and select uninstall.
- Select QuickBooks and try to repair it when given the option.
- If the error still persists, then uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks.
Some Other Solutions
- Clean out the junk and trash files from your system.
- Repair the registry entries related to the error.
- Use Windows System Restore so that you can undo the recent changes in the system.
If all the given solutions fail to fix the error, you may seek professional assistance. Directly contact QuickBooks Error Support.
Thank you for visiting our site! You are always welcome to avail the large database of information we provide on our site. Whatever issue you face in QuickBooks, h202, QuickBooks Error Code H505 or any other less frequented ones, you can find them on our QuickBooks Community . We have many FAQs available on it, and in case you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can always make your own post – it takes less than a minute.