Nothing is perfect. This applies to software also. There are times when QuickBooks pops up some annoying minor errors, thus disrupting the workflow. QuickBooks Error 1327 during installation is one of those. In this article, we shall see what triggers this error and how to resolve it.
What is QuickBooks Error 1327?
QuickBooks Error 1327 is an installation error i.e. an error that pops up while installing QuickBooks on your computer. You insert the installation media and try installing and then there is an error box with the error message-
“The drive [drive letter] is invalid. OR Invalid drive [drive letter]”.
Before trying to know the reasons for the issue or trying to resolve QuickBooks Error 1327, it is best to know a few basics regarding the installation of a program on a computer.
Installed programs and their components are stored in the computer in places called Drives. For example, in Windows, all the system files and folders are usually stored in the C drive. You can find the list of drives available on your computer by checking in My Computer or This PC. Drives are actually the partitions of the computer’s memory. This is similar to dividing the space of a house into rooms.
Equipped with these background details, let us now jump into the details of the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1327
There are some reasons that may cause QuickBooks Error C=1327.
1. Corrupted or moved storage devices
This especially happens when you are trying to install QuickBooks into an external memory device like an external system drive or a USB. If there is a loose connection or if it gets disconnected during the installation process, QuickBooks Error 1327 occurs.
2. Corrupt Microsoft .NET Framework
Windows comes with a software called Microsoft .NET Framework that helps in ensuring complete and correct installation and coordinating the working of the software installed on Windows. The error might also pop up if the .NET Framework is corrupted.
3. Incorrect Registry Settings
A Registry is basically a place where the computer records all that is going on the computer like the storage location of each file and so on. If the entry for QuickBooks installation in your computer has the wrong drive name or location, QuickBooks Error 1327 occurs.
4. System-Specific Error
In addition to all these, there may be some system-specific errors that can be solved only by a professional.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error C 1327
Here are a few suggested solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 1327.
1. Ensure Proper Connection of Storage Devices
Make sure that all the cables and other things are connected to the computer properly. Also, make sure the USB or Flash devices that you are using to install QuickBooks in, is properly connected and fully functioning.
2. Repair Microsoft .NET Framework
Steps to Repair the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Search Programs in the Control Panel.
- Select Turn Windows Features On/Off.
- Confirm with an admin account password, if asked.
- Uncheck the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework and reboot the computer.
- Open Programs and by following the same step, check the box next to Microsoft .NET framework.
3. Repair Registry Settings
Steps to Repair Registry Settings
- Backup your system registry.
- Press Windows key+R and type Regedit and click on run.
- Navigate to the specific key here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Find the entries that list the drive letter which is mentioned in the error message.
- Modify the incorrect drive names to C:\.
- Save the settings, preferably boot the computer and retry installing. After the successful installation, revert the modifications made to the registry.
If QuickBooks error 1327 persists in spite of trying the above solutions and/or if you are not sure about solving the issue all by your self, call at QuickBooks Error Support Desk Number.