Owing to multiple platforms available today, the installation of the software might get interrupted due to some or the other issue. So here is when there is some error. QuickBooks helps the user resolve any error by mentioning the error code. This is way useful as the firm groups every possible error with a code. The code signifies the symptoms, possible reasons and for effects of the error.
One such QuickBooks Error 6000 followed by a group of three to a four-digit number. The complete seven or eight-digit code will pertain to an error. This is usually related to the incomplete or some issue regarding the installation of the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000?
QuickBooks Error 6000 is a common error that could occur when you are trying to open a company file. There are a number of different errors that might occur, all pertaining to the 6000 series. Some of the QuickBooks 6000 series error are 6000 83, 6000 80, 6000 77, 6000 301, and 6000 832. They could be caused by various reasons including:
- Your firewall is blocking the connection.
- Your .TLG file is corrupted.
- QuickBooks installation file for is corrupted.
- The network connection on your system has been incorrectly configured.
- There are multiple users logged into the same company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6000 could also occur when you are trying to restore a previous backup of your files.
- The company file could be damaged in some way.
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000
The different solutions required to solve QuickBooks Error Code 6000:
Solution 1: Restore a backup
You can restore a backup copy of your file to make sure that it works well as new. You can easily accomplish it with these steps:
- Open the company file.
- Click on the File
- Select the Utilities
- In case the Stop Hosting Multi-user access is on the list, then you should click on
- Also, edit your company file name to include less than 210 characters long. Try and incorporate a name that only displays the important details, and nothing else.
Solution 2: Configure your firewall and your Anti-virus software.
- Open your QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Find the port monitor tab, and find the QuickBooks version.
- Make sure you note the Firewall port number.
- Open your Windows Firewall.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Right-click on the inbounds option, and select the option for New Rule.
- Click on Port.
- Click next.
Solution 3: Try to open the company file into another location.
You can do this by copying the file onto Desktop or some location other than the previous one. You could also move in the local or network drive. This would surely help you in knowing the status of QuickBooks Error -6000.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 4: Rename the .ND and .TLG files.
- Open the company file location.
- Find the company file you are trying to fix.
- Now, of the same name, find the files with the .ND and the .TLG extensions.
- Right-click them and change the extensions.
- Make sure that the file extensions have the word .OLD at the end of them.
- Reopen QuickBooks and log in. This should have fixed the issue.
The best part of using QuickBooks is their ever-ready, If experiencing same error “QuickBooks Error 6000” again, instantly connect at QuickBooks Error Help Desk Number and speak to certified tech experts (24×7 available).
We provide seamless support to our customers so that their issues are fixed as soon as possible and they can get back to their work. You can also connect with other QuickBooks users on our Online QuickBooks Community.