In October 2023, QuickBooks POS users found themselves in a dilemma as Intuit announced the end of support for their POS product. This left many businesses wondering how to proceed to ensure their operations remain uninterrupted. If you’re one of them, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through some alternative QuickBooks Point-of-Sale Options to consider. The good news is that we will continue to provide the services, to give an edge to your business operations.
Intuit has made a significant decision to sunset its QuickBooks Point of Sale software and hardware. After February 2023, Intuit stopped selling QuickBooks Point of Sale software to new customers. Until October 3rd, 2023, your QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 will continue to work unaffected. You can even purchase additional seats and hardware if needed.
Discontinuation of Services
After the sunset date, several services and features tied to QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 will no longer be available. These include:
– Givex gift card services: You won’t be able to sell and redeem gift cards.
– Storage genes feature: If you use this with Intuit service, it will also discontinue.
– QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale mobile sync feature: Say goodbye to syncing inventory from QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 to your mobile devices.
– Vendor lookup service: This useful service for vendor information will no longer work.
– Constant contact integration: It will cease to integrate with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.
Furthermore, Intuit will stop releasing updates and security patches for QuickBooks Point of Sale. So, it’s crucial to ensure that your software is up to date before October 3rd, 2023. Now that you know what’s coming, let’s explore some options:
Continue with QuickBooks Point of Sale 2019
If you’re not quite ready to transition to a new Point of Sale system, we are here to help and provide assistance for your QuickBooks Point of Sale 2019.
These are the services provided by us:
- System Downtime
- Opening QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Connection Problems
- Printing Receipts
- Hardware issues
- Financial Exchange Issues
- Performance problems
- Technical errors
- Invalid product numbers
- Error initializing the QuickBooks Point of Sale application log
Ready to Migrate to Intuit suggested Shopify POS
With the announcement of the discontinuation of POS services, Intuit also announced their partnership with Shopify POS. The modern, integrated retail solution will help the users run their business operations all in one place. The assistance will sync all your business and accounting data, such as sales and purchases, to your accounting system.
Some of the services provided by Shopify include:
- Inventory Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Integration with E-commerce
- App Integration
- Customizable Receipts
- Discounts and Promotions
The users can also avail of services provided by other us to migrate to a different Point Of Sale system.
Migrate to a different Point-of-Sale system
For those ready to make a change, Intuit has partnered with Shopify POS to help you transition away from QuickBooks Point of Sale 19.
However, we have also done the research to assist you in finding the best point-of-sale solution for your business needs. Whether you decide to stick with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 or explore a new system, we’re here to guide you through the process and ensure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision.
Do more with your Point-of-Sale system with our customized solutions
Services provided by us to migrate to a different Point-of-sale system include customizations into your new POS. We also assist you with migration, Integration, and third-party syncing.
Some of the other services include:
- POS Software Consulting and Implementation
- Maintenance & Support (both functional & technical)
- Integration with third-party applications
- APIs and custom development
- Integration with accounting software such as QB, XERO, SAGE, MYOB, and more.
- Syncing with e-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Amazon, Shopify, BigCommerce, SellerCloud and more)
- Integration with CRM systems (Dynamics365 CRM, SalesForce, ZOHO, and more)
- Integration with Marketing engines
- Customized analytics and reporting
Take a call today!
As the discontinuation date approaches, it’s essential to take action:
– Check for Updates: Make sure your software is up to date before October 3rd, 2023. Visit the official Intuit QuickBooks downloads and updates to download the latest installer and patch.
– Record Your Information: Jot down your QuickBooks desktop Point of Sale 19 product information, including your license number, product code, validation code, company name, contact name, phone number, and zip code.
Remember, we’re here to support you through this transition. Feel free to call us at +1-855-875-1223 to discuss your options and get started on the path that’s right for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): QuickBooks Point-of-Sale Options
1. What is happening with QuickBooks Point of Sale software?
– Intuit is sunsetting QuickBooks Point of Sale software and hardware.
2. How long will QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 continue to work?
– It will work unaffected until October 3rd, 2023.
3. What services will be discontinued after October 3rd, 2023?
– Givex gift card services, storage genes feature, QuickBooks desktop Point of Sale mobile sync, Webgility E-commerce integration, vendor lookup service, and Constant Contact integration will all be discontinued.
4. What should I do if I want to continue using QuickBooks Point of Sale after October 3rd, 2023?
– You can stay with QuickBooks Point of Sale 19 using our support and integration payments solution or migrate to a new Point of Sale system.
5. What are some issues that we can help with?
– They can assist with system downtime, connectivity problems, hardware issues, and various technical issues related to QuickBooks Point of Sale.
6. Are third-party apps through Ability Business still supported if I stay with QuickBooks Point of Sale?
– Yes, third-party apps will still work and be supported.