Currently, Sage is commended as one of the prominent software in the market. However, being software, Sage 50 is not free of error codes and bugs at all. As we know, these error codes may prevent you from working on the company files. At this point, we would like to discuss one such error ‘Sage 50 there is an error connecting to a database.’ If you are also going through the same issue, the following post may help you out to resolve the same error.
What May Cause ‘Sage 50 there is an Error Connecting to a Database?’
There might be various instances that may lead to ‘Sage 50 cannot open company file there is an error connecting to a database.’ Well, go through the following list to know additional causes.
- Due to a missing file or folder that you were trying to connect.
- When you have disabled the Log Service of the Windows Event.
- Because of some issue with the .NET Framework.
- If you are using the UNC address, this may lead to the Sage 50 database connect error.
- The firewall has blocked the connection manager.
Also Read: How to Fix Sage Report Designer Error?
Solutions to Resolve Sage 50 There is an Error Connecting to a Database
Listed below are some of the relevant fixes to troubleshoot ‘Sage 50 cannot open company file there is an error connecting to a database.’
Solution 1: Restarting Sage 50
- Firstly, open Control Panel and go to the Administrative Tools.
- Now, choose Services and click Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
- After that, right-tap on it to select STOP and choose Start.
- Launch the company file.
- Finally, make sure that you have administrator rights on the system.
Solution 2: Check your files and folders in the .SAJ folder
- First of all, you need to open the folder where you have been saved all the SAJ files.
- After that, right-tap on the folder and choose Properties.
- Unmark the option in the hidden box and apply the settings.
- Press OK and launch the folder again.
- Finally, make sure that all files can be accessible.
Solution 3: Verify the SAJ folder is Read-Only or Not
- Initially, close the Sage 50 tool and choose the company file location.
- Right-tap on the folder having the extension of SAJ.
- After that, go to the Properties option and ensure to mark the Read-Only option.
- Now, choose Ok and restart the Sage 50 software.
- Finally, run the company file.
Looking for Assistance?
Here, we have come to the end of this instructive post regarding Sage 50 there is an error connecting to a database. Hopefully, you have got an idea of resolving the same issue with the help of this post. If in case, you are still facing trouble while accessing the Sage software, instantly call our professionals to get technical support. We, at QASolved, are just a call away to make you understand how to resolve errors related to Sage.