QuickBooks is an accounting program that allows you to organize your accounting data effectively. The QuickBooks time tracking feature allows you to set up employee hours, add to your invoices and clock billable information with ease.
How to set up QuickBooks for time-tracking?
Follow the steps mentioned below to setup the time-tracking feature in QuickBooks:
- Sign in as the Admin and make sure you are in Single-user Mode.
- Go to the Edit
- Click Preferences.
- Click Time & Expenses in the Preferences window.
- Tap the Company Preferences
- Click Yes for the Do You Track Time?
- Choose the day on which you start tracking time each week in the First Day of Work Week drop-down list. The day you choose affects all weekly timesheets.
- Click OK.
How to create timesheets?
You can use timesheets in QuickBooks to enter the data of your employees and the hours worked to create employee payrolls.
- Enter Time.
- Enter a weekly timesheet to track hours worked or enter a single activity.
Also Read: How to Create Company File & Backup in QuickBooks Desktop?
How to enter a weekly timesheet?
You can create a weekly timesheet in order to track daily working hours. Follow the steps given below:
- Select the employee name
- Select a Customer: Job and Service Item if the hours worked are billable.
- Click to choose the Billable? column.
- Choose the Payroll Item for the time worked.
- Add a WC Code and a Class according to your Preferences.
- Click in the column for the day in which the time was worked.
- Enter the hours worked for the payroll item.
- Repeat for each hour worked until the week is finished.
- Click Save & Close.
How to create a time data report?
You can create Time by Name report that displays employee names, customer name associated with the timesheet, the total number of hours worked on the date range you select and display data using the Customize Report feature.
To create a time data report, follow these steps:
- Click Reports
- Go to Jobs
- Choose Time and Mileage
- Click Time by Name.
- Click Customize Report
- In the Display window, display more columns to your report either by clicking Filters or by clicking the names or items you want to include in the report.
- If you want to display multiple names or items:
- Click the down arrow for the names selected
- Select multiple
- Click to choose the items from the given list.
- To apply your choices, click OK
- To save your changes, click OK.
How to set up employees for time tracking?
Steps to follow to set up an employee payroll-
- Go to the Employee Center
- Double-click on the employee’s name.
- Click the Payroll Info tab.
- Choose Use Time Data when Creating Paychecks.
How to change the day of the week in the timesheet?
Steps to follow to change the day of the week when the timesheet begins-
- Go to Edit.
- Select Preferences.
- Choose Time Tracking or Time & Expenses.
- Choose Company Preferences.
- Click on the drop-down menu.
- Select the day your work week begins.
- Click OK.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
How to set up the time format?
Steps to follow to set up the format of time in QuickBooks-
- Go to
- Choose Preferences.
- Select General.
- Click on Company Preferences.
- Select Decimal or Minutes.
- Choose Enter Payroll Information to enter minutes.
You can configure all the features mentioned above as per your requirements. If you face any problem, call us on our QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number. Our ProAdvisors are available to guide you and provide the best solutions.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.