If you are receiving a message saying, ‘error 1921: service ‘Intuit Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services’, then there could be multiple reasons for the occurrence of this TurboTax error. TurboTax error 1921 occurs when the active programs Windows crashes. Virus threats on your PC, could also be a plausible error.
Let’s find the possible causes of error 1921 on TurboTax that takes place while using the software.
Causes of TurboTax Error 1921
Solving the error becomes much easier when you know the error causes. Knowing the causes will help you to troubleshoot the software error instantly. These are some of the causes that lead to the TurboTax error 1921:
- A corrupted download of the software could be the cause of error 1921 TurboTax.
- Secondly, incomplete installation of the software may become the reason of the error.
- It might be possible the error is occurring if you have mistakenly deleted a TurboTax related file.
- Corrupted Windows Registry files can also be a reason of TurboTax error code 1921.
- Malware or virus threats may infect Windows file or files related to the TurboTax software.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot TurboTax Login Issues?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solutions to Fix Error 1921 TurboTax
Time needed: 30 minutes
After knowing the multiple reasons of the error 1921 TurboTax, now let’s come to the different solutions. Here are the solutions to resolve the TurboTax software error from root:
- Solution – Close Conflicting Programs
You need to follow these steps to stop the conflicting programs:
1. You need to open the task manager by clicking Ctrl-Alt-Del simultaneously.
2. After that, go to the processes tab.
3. Click on the stop programs by highlighting each program. After that, you need to click the ‘end process button’.
4. You are supposed to observe in case the error message is reoccurring each time at the time of stopping a process.
5. Finally, after identifying the program which is causing the error, you need to reinstall the application.
- Solution – Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Using Control Panel
1. In Windows 7, you need to click the start button and then click on the control panel. Next, you have to click on uninstall a program option.
2. Now, in Windows 8, you will be clicking the start button and then click the result. And click on uninstall a program.
3. Then, you will be clicking on the problem program.
4. You need to click on the update or uninstall option.
5. If you are choosing to update, then you have to follow the procedure for updating. In case you are selecting to uninstall the software, you have to follow the instructions for uninstalling and then re-download. If you want you can use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the conflicting programs.
Using Other Methods:-
1. In Windows 7, you will see the list of all the installed programs by clicking on the start. Now, choose to uninstall the program under the list utility.
2. In Windows 10, you have to click on the start and then select apps.
3. Now, you will see the list of features and apps on your system.
4. In the end, you have to click the program that is causing the runtime error. With this, you will select the option to uninstall or you can click advanced options to reset the application
- Solution – Update Virus Protection Program on PC
You are supposed to update the virus program and run a virus scan on your computer. You can also run a Windows update to fix the virus related issues.
- Solution – Re-install Runtime Libraries
You need to uninstall the current package and then install a fresh copy with these steps:
1. Firstly, you have to uninstall the package on your PC and then you need to highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
2. After that, you will be clicking uninstall runtime libraries option and after this, you need to reboot your PC.
3. Finally, you have to download the most recent package and then install it on your system.
- Solution – Run Disk Cleanup
You have to follow these instructions to fix runtime error because there are chances you have less free space on your computer:
1. Initially, you need to create back up of your files. Make sure to create a space on your hard drive.
2. Now, you have to clear the cache and then reboot your system.
3. With this, you will run a disk cleanup.
4. Next, you have to open your explorer window on the system and then right-click on your main directory.
5. Finally, you need to click on the properties option and then click on disk cleanup.
- Solution – Reinstall Graphics Driver
1. You need to open the device manager option and then search for the graphic driver.
2. After that, you have to right-click on the video card driver.
3. You need to click on the uninstall option and then restart your PC.
- Solution 7- IE Related Runtime Error
1. In Windows 7, you need to click on the start option and then go to the control panel.
2. Now, you have to click on the internet options. You are required to click on the ‘advanced tab’ and then click on the reset button option.
3. In Windows 8 and 10, you have to click on the search option and then type internet options. And you need to go to the advanced tab and click on reset.
Disable Script Debugging and Error Notifications
1. In the beginning, you have to go to the advanced tab and then search for a disable script debugging, on the internet options.
2. Secondly, you need to put a checkmark on the radio button.
3. Now, you are required to uncheck the “display a notification about every script error” option. And, click on apply and then ok.
4. Finally, you need to reboot your PC.
Hopefully, the methods given in the blog have helped you in fixing TurboTax error 1921. The blog has explained the causes of the error in detail. Furthermore, the aforementioned steps are quite simple to understand and can help you to fix the error instantly.
If you are not able to fix TurboTax error 1921 with the above troubleshooting methods then dial Toll-free TurboTax Support Phone Number.
Frequently asked Questions
Ans- You can freely discuss your tax preparation software related issue by contacting us. The phone number will help you to get connected to TurboTax software experts.
Ans- If you ever come across other issues related to the software then you can take the help of qualified TurboTax professionals.
Ans- In such case, you simply need to dial a toll-free TurboTax support phone number. The phone number will provide instant support to the users.
Ans- Yes, as a TurboTax user you will be charged a nominal fee for taking technical assistance. You will have to pay the amount as per the pricing plans of the software.
Ans- If you are confronting issues after reinstalling graphic driver then you need to reach to the software experts. They will analyze the issue and provide an on-spot solution.