QuickBooks multi-user setup is a remarkable feature, enabling businesses to scale up users in order to simultaneously work in a company file. Furthermore, for QuickBooks Multiuser Access a normal PC is set up as a Host or a dedicated server is deployed. Similarly, QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the component that turns the hosting on and bridges QuickBooks Workstations to communicate with the company file. When QuickBooks is Unable to connect Remote Server, it is because when the workstation cannot access company. As a result of QuickBooks connectivity issues, you cannot communicate with the QuickBooks company file. Subsequently, there are numerous issues which make QuickBooks unable to connect to remote server which is clarified in this article. In this blog, you will get to know the causes of QuickBooks unable to connect with the remote server, how to resolve when QuickBooks is unable to connect with the remote server.
QuickBooks Error Code: Error: Can’t communicate with QuickBooks Server
Source of Error: QuickBooks Desktop unable to connect to the remote server
Error Source Platform: QuickBooks Server and Workstation Communication Problems
What causes “QuickBooks Unable to Connect to Remote Server”?
The possible causes that make QuickBooks unable to connect to Remote Server are:
- If there is an issue with QuickBooks File hosting or permissions.
- When the QuickBooks database server manager is not working on the server.
- If there is not a proper set up of the QuickBooks server.
- When the local area network is not in the active state.
- If there is a halt in the connection of the QuickBooks server.
- A Third-Party Firewall can cause this error.
- Outdated QuickBooks version.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Unable to connect to Remote Server issue
In this section, possible solutions to fix the QuickBooks unable to connect to Remote Error are defined.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
Step 1: Click on the Help menu then click update QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Now, click on the Options Tab and select Mark All option.
Step 3: Click Update Now Tab and wait to get updates.
Step 4: Once you are done with updates, close your QuickBooks restart your computer.
Solution 2: Check the settings in the webmail preferences
Step 1: Go to the Edit menu and click on the preferences.
Step 2: Now choose to Send Forms
Step 3: Now you need to view My Preferences and select the email account which you use and click edit
Step 4: Update the SMTP and save it.
Solution 3: Rename the .ND (network Data) file
Step 1: First Close your QuickBooks, now open your file location.
Step 2: Search for .ND (Network Data) file.
Step 3: Now, choose file and press F2 for renaming.
Step 4: Attach OLD before the file name and press Enter
Also Read: How to Speed up QuickBooks Performance?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 4: Organize QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Step 1: On the Window Key, type QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Step 2: Open QB Database Server Manager, and remove pre-existing folders
Step 3: Now add the QuickBooks Company File Folder in the database manager.
Step 4: Scan the Folder and make the notes of the errors in QuickBooks DB server manager.
Solution 5: Validate QuickBooks Desktop File Hosting
Sometimes, the hosting services do conflict between the QuickBooks Server and its workstations. To get rid of this issue you have to go through the following steps:
Step 1: Turn off hosting on all workstations
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks File menu and select the Utilities.
- Now, select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- If you see Host Multi-User Access instead of Stop Hosting Multi-User Access then Confirm it by press “Yes”.
Step 2: Turn on Hosting on the server computer
- Press the Windows Key and type Windows task manager and click Enter.
- Click on the more details of Task manager windows.
- Now, select the Services Tab and place QBDBMgrN.exe from the list.
- Press Windows + R to verify the file.
- Open the Run box and type services.msc and click OK.
- Now, you have to press the letter Q till you find QBDBMgrN.exe.
- At last, you need to start the service and select the Automatic start option.
Also Read: How to Use QuickBooks Tool Hub?
Solution 6: Reset internet settings to default
Step 1: In the internet explorer, click Tools menu Alt + T.
Step 2: Now select Internet Options.
Step 3: Click on the Advanced Tab and select Restore Advanced Settings
Step 4: Lastly, press OK and close your browser.
Finally, you are done with the troubleshooting steps for QuickBooks Unable to Connect to Remote Server Error. Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps helped you fix Issues accessing QuickBooks company file from Server. If the problem still prevails, Contact Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for instant help and support to resolve QuickBooks Remote Server issues. You can visit our QuickBooks Community to help articles form-related and post questions to get the answers delivered in your inbox.