TurboTax error 2 generally occurs when you try to connect your device to the internet to update or import your financial related data. This error may also arise if you try to file or download or transfer it to the taxing authorities. TurboTax error 2 may occur in different areas at the time of using the software. Let’s check its solutions to troubleshoot it.
Steps to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 2
These are the steps to fix error 2:
- In case you have a firewall installed on your PC, you need to check your firewall documentation for information on how to configure it to use with the TurboTax software.
- If you are using a router or internet-splitting device, then you may have to update its firmware. Besides, in case you are using DSL and a router, you need to adjust the router’s MTU settings.
Also Read: How to Fix TurboTax Error Code 1719?
Now, if you are trying to import financial data and you are still facing issues, then follow the given steps:
- Initially, you need to select import and then choose from financial partner.
- You might receive a message showing that the financial partner information is downloading on your system. Make sure, not to cancel the downloading process. In case, the error message is visible on the system, you need to click on cancel.
- Then click on continue.
- Choose the name of your bank’s server or payroll provider.
- Thereafter, you have to add your login information and then click on proceed.
- Finally, click on allow your information to download.
Hopefully, you have got the answer to why TurboTax error 2 occurs. The blog has covered the various possibilities of this error. Also, step by steps solutions is given to troubleshoot the error.
If you are still facing TurboTax error 2, then you need to dial the TurboTax Support Number. (Toll-free).