TurboTax error 42015 is a common error that is encountered by TurboTax users while using the tax preparation software. The specific error occurs because of malfunction in the computer system. It could also arise because of the improper installation of the software. So, if you want to get rid of the error, you need to find out the reasons for the error occurrence and then implement various methods to fix it.
Reasons for TurboTax Error 42015
Here are the various reasons that affect your work to a great extent:
- Incomplete installation of tax software on the system.
- Wrong setup of the program and corrupt download.
- Improper deletion of application or hardware.
- Malware or virus infections that have corrupted Windows system files.
TurboTax error code 42015 can hinder your work, but by implementing the solutions it’s easy to overcome the troubles.
Solutions to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 42015
The solutions will resolve the TurboTax error 42015 and after implementing them you can use the software effectively:
Solution 1 – Close Conflicting Programs
- First of all, you need to open the task manager by clicking the ctrl-alt-del together.
- Then after, you have to go to the processes tab and stop the programs one by one by highlighting each program and then click the end process button option.
- You have to check in case the error message in case it reoccurring on the screen.
- Finally, after identifying which program is causing the error, move to the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2- Update / Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Using Control Panel
- To begin with, on Windows 7, you have to click the start button and then click Control panel option.
- Then after, uninstall a program.
- Next, on Windows 8, you need to click the start button and then click on more settings option.
- After that, click the control panel then uninstall a program.
- Now on Windows 10, you have to type control panel in the search box and then click the result.
- And then click on uninstall a program.
- You have to click the problem program and click on the update or uninstall option.
- In case you have selected the option to update, follow the steps to update the program. On the other hand, if you have chosen the option to uninstall, you need to follow the steps to uninstall and then re-download.
Also Read: How to Resolve TurboTax Error 65535?
Using Other Methods
- For Windows 7, you need to go to the Start menu and choose the list of all programs.
- Now, the list unity will appear on your screen, you are required to click on it to uninstall the program.
- You will see the list utility for uninstalling the program and then uninstall it using utilities available in the tab.
- For Windows 10, you have to click start and then go to settings option. With this, select apps.
- Now, you need to scroll down to view the features and apps which are installed in your PC.
- Finally, click the program which is becoming the reason for runtime error. And, then select uninstall or click Advanced options.
Solution 3 – Update Virus Protection Program or download and install the latest Windows Update
- Virus infection causing runtime error on your PC must be deleted.
- You need to make sure that you update your virus program and run a scan on your computer. You can also run a Windows update to fix the issue.
Solution 4 – Re-install Runtime Libraries
- Initially, you have to uninstall the package by going to programs and features options. You need to find and highlight the Microsoft visual C++ redistributable package.
- Then, you need to click on the uninstall option and when the process is completed, you have to reboot your computer.
- In the end, download the most recent redistributable package from Microsoft and then install it.
Solution 5 – Run Disk Cleanup
- Initially, take the backup of your files.
- Then, clear your cache and you need to reboot your computer.
- Now, you can also run disk cleanup, open your explorer window and then right-click on the main directory.
- Finally, click on properties and then click on the disk cleanup option.
Solution 6 – Reinstall Your Graphics Driver
- To start with, open your device manager and then locate the graphics driver.
- You have to right-click the video card driver and then click on uninstall.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Solution 7 – IE Related Runtime Error
Reset your browser
- On Windows 7, you have to click on start and go to the control panel. After that, click on internet options. And, click the advanced tab then click on the Reset button.
- Now, on Windows 8 and 10, you have to click on search option and type internet options,
- Finally, go to the advanced tab and click reset option.
Disable script debugging and error notifications
- Initially, on the internet option window, you have to go to the advanced tab and search for disable script debugging.
- Then, you have to put a checkmark on the radio button.
- You need to uncheck the “Display a Notification about every Script Error” item and after that click on apply and OK.
- Finally, reboot your PC.
Hopefully, you can resolve your TurboTax error 42015 with the various solutions. There could be multiple reasons for the occurrence of the error, you can get rid of it instantly by discovering the root cause and accordingly implement the solutions. Whatever the case is, the error must be resolved to avoid further software problems. The step by step solutions are given in a way so that you can understand every step without any difficulty.
In case if you are still unable to resolve TurboTax error 42015 after implementing the above given solutions then feel free to contact us at our toll-free TurboTax Phone Number.