TurboTax error 42016 occurs when you are using the TurboTax software. This error means that it is a run time error. The error signifies that there is a fault in PC’s hardware or software. Let’s discover the signs and causes of this error and then follow the steps to troubleshoot the same.
Signs of TurboTax Error 42016
The signs of the TurboTax error 42016 are as follows:
- Your computer system starts freezing randomly.
- The PC crashes when you are running the software.
- The program gets shut down without any prior warning.
- Your computer responds sluggishly.
Causes of TurboTax Error Code 42016
Take a glimpse at the points below to know the possible causes:
- Maybe some Windows registry keys are deleted by another program.
- You might face the error in case Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is missing in your PC.
- The error occurred due to a bad graphics driver or virus threats in your computer system.
- Probably, your system’s internet connection or router is configured incorrectly.
- The error caused because of incompatible programs running at the same time.
- You might confront this error if there is a memory issue in the PC.
Also Read: How to Fix Turboax HSA Error?
Steps to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 42016
These steps help you to resolve the TurboTax error code 42016:
- First, you need to create a backup of your tax data file.
- Now, you have to run the Microsoft fix it 50356 tool on your PC.
- Next, you need to update the software again by selecting a checkmark for updates from the online menu in TurboTax.
In case error 42016 persists, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, make sure that you install the latest updates for Windows.
- Secondly, you need to confirm that you include:
- The updated security updates.
- The most recent Microsoft .NET Framework 4 updates.
- Thereafter, you need to check that your internet connection is working properly.
- You need to update it by clicking on a check for updates on the online menu.
- Finally, in case updates get failed, you need to manual update.
Hopefully, you have got an idea of error 42016 occurrences. The blog has mentioned its signs, causes. Also, the blog has mentioned step by step solutions to troubleshoot the error.
If you are still facing TurboTax error 42016, then you need to dial the TurboTax Support Phone Number +1-888-899-5690. (Toll-free).
Frequently Asked Questions