The amount of passwords people have to remember has increased to a massive extent, which is why many cases of forgetting passwords have also increased in the same proportion. Hence, it is fair to predict that you may forget your QuickBooks Administrator password too. This brings in a strong need of using the ultimate, QuickBooks Password Reset Tool to restore your access.
Addressing Security Concerns
Cybersecurity concerns have given rise to QuickBooks password retrieval process. Intuit has always supplied the QuickBooks password tool for many years. Furthermore, as the knowledge of using this tool has spread to a larger area, so has been abused.
Previously, it was noticed that a lot of people could obtain QuickBooks Company file, authorizing them to retrieve and steal essential information considering financial and other business data from a personal account. By requiring users to enter their Canadian Social Insurance Number, QuickBooks has somehow lowered the increasing cases of theft.
However, if anyone faces issues while resetting their QuickBooks passwords, then we have a solution here. QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool can help you reset password in QuickBooks Desktop.
How To Use the Automated Password Reset Tool?
The Automated password reset tool can be utilized to reset your QuickBooks Admin password in QuickBooks 2008 and future version.
- Select the tool based on the version of QuickBooks you are currently using:
- Automated Password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop US
- Automatic Password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop Canada
- Automated Password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop UK
Also Read:What to do when QuickBooks freezes?
Select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you use
Fill in the QuickBooks license number and business information used when registering QuickBooks, then press Next.
US Customers Only: In case you observe that the details you have provided do not match, then log in to your Intuit account at https://camps.intuit.com to ensure these pieces of information are correct:
- Primary Contact name and email address
- Primary Mailing address (especially zip code)
- License number (under Products and Services)
- Phone number (under Account Details)
- Accept the License Agreement. The Automated password reset tool will be downloaded instantly (if the automatic download does not function, select download now).
- Run the Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Enter the token number received via email.
- From QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down, select the same QuickBooks version.
- Select Browse for Company File, then select the company file that you want to reset the password for.
Note: In case, you are resetting the password for an Accountant’s Copy working file (.QBA), you will need to type *.* in the file name box and hit Enter. This will permit you to see and select .QBA files.
- Enter your New Password, then Confirm New Password.
- Select Reset Password to complete the process.
With this, you should now be able to open QuickBooks and log in to your company file using the new password you just set for yourself. The password reset tool can only be used for one-time; the verification form will need to be filled out again to generate a new token.
How to determine which version of QuickBooks is being used?
Search for the product version and release numbers, after that choose the product from the list and check the version and release information and follow some instructions.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: In QuickBooks, choose Reports and QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- After the program opens, select Help, then select About QuickBooks Statement Writers. Version information can be found in the About window.
- Point Of Sale: Choose Help > Product Information. There, you will find a Version or Release Information.
- QuickBooks Basic Or Enhanced Payroll: Select Employees > Payroll Centers. Click Payroll Tab.
- QuickBooks For Mac: Select Help > Product Information.
- QuickBooks Desktop: Press F2 to open the Product Information Window.
It is crucial for you to have Net Framework 4.5 installed to access the Password Reset Tool.
Select the QuickBooks Desktop version you last updated to open your Quickbooks company file.
- From the QuickBooks version, select your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fill in the QuickBooks license number and business information used when registering QuickBooks, then click Submit.
- After that accept the license agreement and click the Download button.
- On the next screen, click the Download Now link.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
It is important to make sure that when it asks you to Access or Save, save it to your Desktop.
- Enter the token number you got via email in the Token Number field.
- Then select your QuickBooks version on the QuickBooks Products drop-down menu.
- Click Browse for Company File and select the company file that you want to reset the password.
- Enter your new password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Then click Reset Password.
Now, you must be able to access the QuickBooks password reset tool easily for various QuickBooks applications. In case you still face further issues then feel free to seek assistance at QuickBooks Desktop Support Number.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community, in that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.