Quicken Cloud takes in charge of migrating your information from Quicken Desktop to Quicken Mobile. It automatically gets created when the users of Quicken creates a Quicken ID. The users can’t restore the data from Quicken cloud and it doesn’t give permission to access from anywhere. It allows the users to access the information only from the desktop and mobile Quicken products. In this blog, you will learn how to reset or delete Quicken cloud data files in Quicken for Mac and Windows. Let’s get started with it.
According to the latest updates by Cloud Service, you can now access multiple data on your device. Moreover, you can edit the file names. If you don’t want to sync files with Cloud, simply delete it.
Steps to Delete Quicken Cloud Data
- The first step is to find Edit, select Preferences >> Cloud Account.
- Then, you need to Edit cloud account name.
- Now, you have to make preferable changes and click OK.
- In order to delete a file from the cloud, you need to click on Cloud accounts connected with Quicken ID.
- Next, you have to highlight the name and select Delete.
Also Read: How to Fix Quicken Error OL-221-A?
Reset or Delete Cloud Files in Quicken for Mac
- First of all, you have to open Quicken and go to Preferences.
- Next, go to associated services tab and select See All Cloud Accounts.
- Now go to Data Manager and click on the pencil icon to edit the file.
- You need to click on minus icon to remove files from the cloud.
- Finally, click on confirm.
These steps will help you reset or delete Quicken cloud data files easily. You can seek technical help from our certified experts who are available 24/7 to guide you. Call us at Quicken Customer Support Number for instant assistance.