How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 & Error Code -6144 -82?
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is one of the many errors which QuickBooks has come up with. It stands out because this error doesn’t let you perform any task through your main/other computers. Some of the symptoms which can observe include:
- The active program window crashes once QuickBooks Error 6144 appears.
- While running the same program, your PC frequently crashes with QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
- Windows runs sluggishly and counters slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- At times your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds.
- You might also see a different QuickBooks Error 6144 82.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6144 and 6144 82
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download of QuickBooks.
- A recent QuickBooks-related change can induce corruption in the Windows registry.
- Corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related program files due to a virus or malware infection.
- Pernicious deletion of QuickBooks-related QB files caused by some other program.
- If you see QuickBooks Error -6144 -82, then it could point to network issues on your server or your system in particular.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1603? [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
How to resolve Quickbooks Error 6144?
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6144 82 means ensuring that QuickBooks closed on all computers, antivirus has been disabled, and all the steps are performed on the main computer excluding the last step. Follow these steps in order to resolve the issue:
- Start Services.
- Change Account Type.
- Create a new folder by the name of QB and Provide Read/Write options for all the created folders.
- Copy the Company File in New folder “QuickBooks”.
- Verify that the Company File copied at the preferred location (In order to do this close the folder where you have copied the file and open it again through the same path as used in copying the file.)
- Create Inbound and Outbound Firewall Rules
- Similarly “Add Ports” to the new Outbound rules
- Restore Company file on the main computer
- Open the Company File on other Computers (To perform this task, you should know the IP address of the main computer)
- Access Company file from other Computers
Manual procedure implicates performing Step 1 to step 9 on the main computer and following step 1, step 6 and step 10 on all other computers running QuickBooks.
You will have to repeat the same steps without any choice if you have 20 computers running QuickBooks. And this is bound to hinder the normal working.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144?
QuickBooks Error 6144 82 has a slightly different resolution procedure, which is detailed in the following steps:
- Press F2 in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to File Information, and find the location of your company file.
- Open the file location.
- Find all the files.ND and .TLG extensions, that share the same name as the company file in question.
- Rename them to add a .OLD at the end of each file extension.
If you are still facing the same issue while working on QuickBooks, Dial QuickBooks Error Help Phone Number and speak to Certified experts to fix Error code 6144.
Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.