QuickBooks is an efficient accounting software introduced to meet your business needs. However, bugs and errors are part and parcel of every software. You might come across QuickBooks error code 15106 while using QuickBooks. It is a common issue which occurs due to problems in the update program. The message indicates that the update program has been damaged. When you using QuickBooks payroll and you try to unable update then QuickBooks Update Error 15106 can occur.
Many QuickBooks users across the world face the issue related to QuickBooks Payroll unable to update and receiving QuickBooks error 15106. QuickBooks has never failed to amaze the users with its highly notable features. However, QuickBooks do have certain limitations and issues as well and one such issue is QuickBooks error code 15106.
Many users get the messages like – ‘The update progrdamaged or the update program cannot be opened’ Users often wonder, why such messages pop up on their screen. There are two main causes which are responsible for this.
1) At times, Spy Sweeper is present in the webroot anti-virus software.
2) Users might not have logged in with the username having admin level rights. In this case, the ability to read and write new files gets limited resulting in the difficulty to perform the required task.
QuickBooks users can follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve QuickBooks error 15106-
1. In case the user has not logged in as an administrator, the first thing required is that the user should log in as an Administrator. This may help in resolving QuickBooks update error 15106. In case the issue persists, check out the second fixing method.
2. Many times the Spy Sweeper creates the trouble. Users can check out its presence in their systems. For that, the user has to open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc. After that, the user has to click on the processes tab and look for Spy Sweeper.exe. User can do one of the below things-
Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\ components. Then the user is required to reset QuickBooks update after renaming download<nn> to downloadqb<nn> old. This can help to resolve QuickBooks update Error 15106.
3. In case the above problems fail to resolve QuickBooks error code 15106. In this case, user has to turn off the User Account Control temporarily depending upon the Windows used by the user.
4. If QuickBooks error code 15106 issue still persists in Selective Startup, the user should perform QuickBooks clean install.
The above steps will help you resolve the issue in very less time, if you still face any problem get in touch with our experts. Call us on our QuickBooks Error Support Number at 1-877-263-2742 for instant guidance.
You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.
Looking for help? Talk to one of our experts to quickly resolve your QuickBooks problem!