QuickBooks Desktop Error 1402 is an Installation error that comes when there is some problem during the installation process. An incomplete/ improper installation that leads to essential components missing leads to QuickBooks Error 1402.
The user will encounter error message 1402 that says ‘Couldn’t Open Key.’ A faulty installation misses on downloading essential files which are critical for running the software, and a corrupted installation leads to software misbehaving.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1402
Below given are some of the reasons that lead to QuickBooks Error 1402 on your screen.
- A corrupted QuickBooks Installation file.
- A damaged CD while installing from the CD.
- Inappropriate or incomplete Installation
- Windows not updated to the latest version.
to resolve your query in no-time.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1402?
There are few recommended ways in which you can amend this error. In this article, we will enumerate three such methods. Let’s look at them:
Use QuickBooks Install Tool
There is a QuickBooks Install Tool that is equipped to address all Installation issues. To use the tool, you need to Install it from Intuit and then Run the tool.
- First, download the QuickBooks Install Tool from the Intuit website
- Now, close any running programs
- Run the tool after this. It might take approximately 20 minutes as per your network and speed of the system to finish the process.
- Next, Restart Windows once the process is complete.
Update Windows & Install missing Updates.
Improper QuickBooks Installation can also happen if the Operating System is not updated efficiently.
- Click the Windows icon from the bottom of the Desktop (start option)
- Now perform Windows Update and select on ‘Check for Updates’
- Install the pending updates
- Restart the computer after the updates
Many times, some other programs in the system can lead to improper functioning of QuickBooks. This can also lead to the QB Error 1402. You can finish the Reinstallation to rectify QuickBooks Desktop error 1402.
- Go to Control Panel and Open it.
- Now, search for ‘Add or Remove Programs’
- Search for ‘QuickBooks’ and Uninstall it.
- Now restart Computer and Reinstall QuickBooks again.
How to prevent QuickBooks Error 1402?
Once the error 1402 is resolved, it is crucial that we take the necessary steps to prevent it from coming again.
- Ensure to Back-up your data frequently is a way to prevent it.
- Never interrupt a software installation, even if it is taking more than expected time to complete.
- If interrupted, ensure that all junk files are appropriately deleted and reinstall QuickBooks again.
- Regularly Update the software with the latest updates of QuickBooks.
Thank you for reading this article. If you take the prevention steps in the first place, you will prevent QuickBooks Error 1402 and many other errors from hovering your QuickBooks. For any questions or doubts on the above-provided methods, you can speak to a technical expert at QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number.