Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 77
QuickBooks Error 77 happens due to some issue with a company file, or the software cannot read the path location or some internal damage has happened.
Several Causes lead to QuickBooks Error 77
- If the Company file is located on the external media rather than local or a network drive.
- QuickBooks is trying to open the Company file.
- When you are running QuickBooks in the multi-user mode, the Bit Defender security software is blocking the communication.
- Incorrect Folder permissions are given in which the company file is located.
Let’s come on to the solutions to get rid of error 77.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 77
- First, download the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Once the download is finished, then double-click ‘qbfd.exe’ to install the QuickBooks File Doctor and follow the On-screen instructions.
- QuickBooks File Doctor opens automatically after the installation is complete. You can look for the green wrench icon in the Windows Taskbar
- If you need your Company file, then use the drop-down list.
- Click on the browse button in case you do not see the company file in the list and then manually locate it to continue
- Now choose one of the below-given options:
- File Damage and Network Connectivity – When you are opening a company data file and see any suspected damage or view 6000 error such as the -6000 -82, -6000 -305, – 6000 -301, etc.
- Only Network Connectivity – This is when you `are trying to open the Company file (network errors) in the Multi-user mode. You are working on the Multi-user mode and see an error H202 or H303 or H505.
- Now enter the admin password and then the Company file and press Next.
- Select the Host/server or the Workstation when prompted.
- You need to click on the ‘Pick Workstation’ if you are looking to run the File Doctor on a Workstation. It also means that the QuickBooks file is now physically hosted on this device.
- You need to Press on ‘Pick Server’ if you are running the File Doctor on the server computer.
- In case you are the only user, then Pick Server and utilize QuickBooks on
- If you are asked to share the company file, then choose one of the following options.
- In case you are running the File Doctor on the server computer or host computer, then press YES
- In case you are running the File Doctor in the computer that is not hosting the company file then Click NO.
- Wait till the file doctor completes the diagnosis.
- First, navigate to the ‘Local Company files ’
- Look for the file causing an ND and.TLG
- Rename the files using ‘.OLD’
- Check if the error is resolved.
- Firstly, click start and fill in ‘Command’ in the search box and do not press enter yet.
- Now Press ‘CTRL+Shift’ on the keyboard and select Enter
- When you see a permission dialog box Click YES
- There will be a blinking box that will open and type in ‘sfc/scannow’ and press enter
- The system file checker will begin scanning the error and any other errors.
- Pursue the On-screen commands and look if the error still exists.
That’s all for QuickBooks Error 77. If you are facing any difficulty, then you can seek technical help by contacting us at QuickBooks Error Support Number and resolve Error 77 immediately.
We feel glad helping you, and you are always welcome over here on this platform. Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.