QuickBooks is on the most user-friendly accounting software in today’s time. It has lots of features that creates a trust of a business owner of small and mid-sized businesses. From QuickBooks user can manage their customers, vendors, employees, file taxes, etc. In todays time to run a business its not an easy job if your financials are not arranged. QuickBooks provides a platform where maintaining your finances can be very easy. Information can be accessed in one click. In this blog, I will be discussing the most common error that occurs in your QuickBooks. QuickBooks error 15240 is an update error which can trouble you some time if you don’t know the cause and the steps to fix. QuickBooks update Error 15240 occurs While updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240
Some of the reasons why QuickBooks Update Error 15240 takes place are:
- You are not using the latest version of the QuickBooks.
- You have logged in as a Windows administrator or you are not running the application as an administrator.
- The download link that has been specified is wrong, incorrect or invalid but the shared download is active.
- You are using the QuickBooks multi-user mode in a terminal service setting.
- Damaged Windows or corrupted registry files.
- Damaged QuickBooks update.
Symptoms of Error 15240 QuickBooks
- QuickBooks will not be able to install the latest update
- Payroll update will fail
- Not able to do payroll
Effects of QuickBooks Update Error 15240
QuickBooks error 15240 displays an error message. Once error 15240 occurs, the user will not be able to download the payroll update successfully. As a result of QB Update Error 15240, the computer might frequently crash, the Windows might run slackly and respond slowly to mouse and keyboard inputs or sometimes it might even freeze for a few seconds at a time.
Solutions for Resolving QuickBooks Error 15240
There are a number of solutions that can help you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15240.
Solution 1: Ensure that you are Running your QuickBooks as the Administrator
- Go to the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and right-click on it.
- Select the option Run as Administrator.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 30159?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 2: Reinstall your QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool
This step will help you to clear all the junk that may have accumulated over the period of time with continuous use and restart with a fresh system but you must make sure that you have a complete backup of the company file or it may lead to loss of data.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from your system.
- Rename all the installation folders by downloading and running the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 3: Check if the System Date and Time Settings are Set Correctly
- Go to the Control Panel on your system.
- Open the Change date and time settings.
- Modify the date and time correctly.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Solution 4: Check if the MS Internet Explorer Settings are Set correctly
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools menu and select Internet options.
- Open the Advanced Tab.
- Scroll down until you find the options SSL2.0 and SSL3.0.
- Check the boxes near both options.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Solution 5: Verify that the Security Software Settings are Tuned in Correctly
At times, security software and anti-malware software interfere with the working of QuickBooks which is why QuickBooks Update Error 15240 occurs. Ensure that you configure the settings on this software so that it does not hinder the workflow in QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Check the Third-Party Firewall
Ensure that you give access to both the qbw32.exe file and qbupdate.exe files to go through the firewall.
If the QuickBooks Error 15240 remains unfixed after implementing these solutions, it will be best to seek professional support. You may contact the QuickBooks Error Support Number.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.