QuickBooks Error 15242 activates when you are attempting to use and update your QuickBooks account or payroll. This error message displayed on your screen specifies that you cannot install and download payroll updates properly on your system. Intuit releases updates regularly for all its versions of QuickBooks and payroll for giving the latest tools and features.
When Trying to Update, You come across one of the following error messages as-
- QuickBooks Error 15242: The payroll update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is damaged or not responding.
- QB Error 15242: The update did not complete successfully. QuickBooks FCS is damaged or not responding.
- The main issue will result as QuickBooks FCS which is File Copy Service is not responding appropriately. This issue may block the proper functioning of the QuickBooks and payroll system. Thus, it is vital to resolve this error, as it can terminate the flow of work which will absolutely affect the business.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 15242?
Solution 1: Validate the subscription of your payroll
- Open QuickBooks, go to Employees, My Payroll Service, Account/Billing Information.
- It will open the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page on your screen.
- QuickBooks will spontaneously re-validate your payroll subscription. When you close the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
- When the validation process gets completed, attempt to update QuickBooks or payroll again.
Solution 2: Download the latest version of payroll updates
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 3: Check out if this error is occurring on one desktop or if it occurring on all the systems. If possible, try to update on the other system.
Also Read: Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
Solution 4: Execute a clean installation of QuickBooks in Selective Startup
Sometimes, the third-party applications which are Anti-virus and Anti-Malware obstruct with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop. It could become imperative to install QuickBooks Desktop in a selective startup since this mode enables you to start windows with only selected items running on your computer.
- Press Windows+R at the same time on the keyboard, in order to open the Run command on your screen.
- Type MSConfig, then click OK.
- Go to General tab, click Selective startup and Load system services.
- Navigate to the Services tab, then select Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select Disable all.
- Uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Find the list of services and make sure that the windows Installer checkbox is selected. Click on OK, if it is not selected.
- Select Restart on the System Configuration window.
- Once your system gets started, install, uninstall, or reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using a clean install.
To restart your system to a normal configuration
- Press Windows+R simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type MSConfig, then choose OK.
- From the General tab, select Normal Startup and then click OK.
- On the System Configuration window, click Restart.
These are the solutions suggested solving the QuickBooks Error 15242. If you are still facing the issue, you must get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Team. Dial QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number and get in touch with the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.