QuickBooks is one of the prominent solutions that consists of advanced features to manage financial & accounting-related information for small to mid-sized businesses. However, we can’t deny the fact that QuickBooks software is prone to different error codes that can take place at any time while working on the QB company files. Today, we are here to discuss one such error ‘QuickBooks Error 16026’ that can take place during upgrading the software.
This blog includes the probable causes behind the occurrence of the error 16026 QuickBooks and solutions to fix it. Let’s move ahead and go through the whole post carefully.
What is QuickBooks Error 16026?
Error 16026 QuickBooks mainly occurs at the time of downloading QuickBooks updates. Well, a corrupted file might be the main reason behind its occurrence. This error can be fixed by repairing the QuickBooks damaged data. To know more solutions, feel free to go through the whole post or get in touch with our experts. Using a third-party QuickBooks repair tool can also fix the same issue.
Root Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 16026
Knowing the exact cause behind the error can be helpful at the time of dealing with it. Let’s find out some of the possible causes that lead to error 16026 QB.
- When you have not installed QuickBooks files properly, this may cause error 16026.
- Because of the unsupported version of the QuickBooks software.
- If you have an older version of Internet Explorer, this may create an issue.
- A poor internet connection leads to Error 16026.
Now, you have understood the root causes, it’s time to learn the steps to fix the same error without damaging the software.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Troubleshooting Steps to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 16026
As we know, QuickBooks is prone to various error codes that can hamper your business tasks. Error 16026 QuickBooks is one of such errors and can be fixed by following the steps written below.
- Firstly, restart QuickBooks.
- Now, choose the Financial Institution catalog and follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, choose Banking and select Online Banking.
- Now, select Available Financial Institutions.
- If the Financial Institution Directory appears on the screen, it means QuickBooks can run one of Intuit’s online services.
- If you can run the Internet from QuickBooks or from a web browser, then install the program update.
- Meanwhile, you need to check the Internet Explorer version.
- Firstly, launch Internet Explorer.
- Choose Help and then select Internet Explorer.
- If you have the version of Internet Explorer older than 6.0, install the latest version.
- And if the Internet Explorer version is 6.0 or later but the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit, install the high encryption pack of the Internet Explorer.
- Finally, reinstall QuickBooks and install the latest updates only when some of the QuickBooks files may not have been installed correctly.
We hope that one of the aforementioned solutions has assisted you in fixing QuickBooks Error 16026. The main cause behind the occurrence of this error is not having a proper internet connection. Well, this blog includes all the related aspects of the error and can guide you till the issue gets resolved. If you are concerned to know more about the error code 16026, contact us to get immediate assistance.