QuickBooks Error 6190 816 occurs when multiple users try to open the company file in single-user mode. This error can also happen if there is a discrepancy between the transaction file and the company file. Additionally, the system is not able to accept the changes which lead to QuickBooks error 6190 and 816.
What is QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816?
At the outset, these are the most common errors you will come across in QuickBooks. They are generally flashed along with the text ‘QuickBooks was unable to open the file (path) on host computer’. There is nothing to worry about. If you understand why it might be occurring, half your problem will be solved.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
- “Error 6190 816” appears on the screen and crashes the active program window.
- Your system crashes with Error 6190 816.
- Windows run sluggishly and respond late to the inputs.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
Why Does QuickBooks Error 6190 816 Occur?
Cited below are some commonplace reasons for the emergence of QB error code 6190 816.
- It could occur if another user is trying to access the company files when it is on the Single User Mode.
- Update failure resulting from updating a file on a different computer without updating the transaction file can result in these errors.
- The transaction Log file might not be matching with the company file.
- The least likely reason is data corruption in the data file.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6190 and 816
It is quite easy to resolve the QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 without much hassle.
Step 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The first thing that you must do is update your QuickBooks and install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. Then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Run the Tool.
- In case you are not logged in as the administrator, it will ask you to do so.
- Two options will be viewed on the screen: Network Connectivity Only and Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- You must select the first option as that will detect all the corrupted and damaged files and will fix the QuickBooks error 6190.
- Next, when it asks for a password, enter your Admin password.
- Then it will ask whether the file is on Workstation or Server. You should choose accordingly and then click on Proceed.
Step 2: Fix the Discrepancy
In the usual scheme of things, it will automatically detect the damaged files and repair the corruption. If QuickBooks error -6190 -816 still remains, you can continue with Fix the Mismatch. It is imperative that you use the same computer in which you have saved the company file. Rename the files, it will cause no data loss and then follow these steps.
- Open the Company folder and find the company file.
- Right-click on the company file and select the rename option.
- Similarly, rename the Transaction Log File.
- Exit the system and then open QuickBooks and login in to the company file.
Step 3: Single User Mode Check
In a scenario that you are still facing QB error 6190 816, continue with Single User Mode Check.
- After making sure all users are logged out, restart the computer.
- Copy data file on the desktop (or any place beside the source) and then again back to its original location.
- Sign in to QuickBooks.
If you are not able to rectify QuickBooks Error 6190 816, then call us at QuickBooks error technical assistance. Our QB ProAdvisors are always available to guide you and resolve all your issues.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.