QuickBooks Error 7149 is a runtime error which occurs either due to corrupt program files or some registry error. When you try to open QuickBooks, the system crashes and an error message something like – “Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” is displayed.
When you close it and try to reopen QuickBooks, the system repeatedly crashes in the same manner. The computer may also freeze for a few seconds.
What causes QuickBooks Error 7149?
There may be a number of issues that trigger QuickBooks Error 7149, some of them are:
- Corrupt or incomplete installation of QuickBooks – This prevents your computer from copying the complete program files essential to run QuickBooks. Thus, QuickBooks cannot run properly.
- Corruption in Windows Registry Keys regarding QuickBooks – Corruption in Windows Registry Keys due to a recent install or modification of QuickBooks.
- Virus Infection to your computer – This destroys the QuickBooks program files, stopping it from running properly.
- Other programs – like antivirus software are interfering with the proper functioning of QuickBooks.
- System Specific Errors – Each system is different and some local issues may trigger QuickBooks Error 7149. This needs to be analyzed by a professional.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 7149?
Now that we know the reasons for QuickBooks Error 7149, let us now have a look at how to resolve it.
1. Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
There are some steps to Repair QuickBooks
- Open Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs. You may also look for the same in the Start Menu.
- Navigate to QuickBooks and right click on it.
- Click on Repair and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and try opening QuickBooks.
If this does not work, you may have to uninstall QuickBooks completely and then reinstall it. The steps are the same until Step 2. You need to click on Uninstall and uninstall the program completely and perform a fresh installation from the installation media. QuickBooks should now work properly.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1601?
2. Correct the registry keys for QuickBooks
Doing this by yourself if you are not a computer professional is highly risky to the proper functioning of the computer. So, we will not have steps for this. It is best advised to download registry cleaner software.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
3. Removing Malware
Scan your computer using your antivirus program or Windows Security Essentials. If there is any threat or malware displayed, remove it completely and restart your computer. You may now try to run QuickBooks again.
4. Disabling your antivirus for some time
Try disabling your antivirus by looking for its icon in the taskbar, right-clicking on it and selecting Disable. QuickBooks should then be able to open normally. You may also try to boot your computer in safe mode and try to open QuickBooks or updating it.
If none of the above solutions works to fix QuickBooks Error 7149. Never hesitate to contact at QuickBooks Error Helpline (24×7 Toll-Free).
We provide seamless support to our customers so that their issues are fixed as soon as possible and they can get back to their work. You can also connect with other QuickBooks users on our Online QuickBooks Community.