QuickBooks is not a new name in the business industry. It is one of the best accounting software for businesses. At times while working on QuickBooks, you may be accidentally unable to open your company file. The error message displays QuickBooks Error -6000, -304.
Hope this article helps you in queries related to QB Error -6000, -304.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
QuickBooks Error 6000 304 generally occurs when you try to open your company file and there is not enough disk space on your system or the disk quotas are turned on. It can also occur if the user account that runs QuickBooks has reached its quota.
How does QuickBooks Error -6000, -304 appear on your screen?
When you try to open your company file on QuickBooks, the following message is displayed:
‘An error has occurred when the QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them following codes (-6000,-304).
The above message is displayed when QB Error 6000 304 occurs in your QB Desktop.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 304?
There are two main causes of the occurrence of Error 6000 304. They are:
- Either the disk space is running low and so is unable to load the company file.
- The other reason may be that your accounting software has crossed its memory usage limits.
You May Also Read: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -77
How to resolve QuickBooks Error -6000, -304?
There are 3 solutions to solve Error 6000 304. You can try them each to resolve this error.
Solution1: Check if you have enough disk space.
- Click on my computer.
- Go to the folder where your company file is placed.
- Right-click the hard disk and open properties.
- Check for the free space by clicking on the general tab.
- You can either move your company file to different hard disk or clear space from the hard disk where your file is stored.
- Click on the Quota tab when your hard disk has enough space.
- Search for the spotlight on the left side of the screen.
- If the spotlight is red, it means there are no disk quotas.
- If the spotlight is green, it means the disk quotas are set.
- You must turn off the disk quotas.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution2: Repairing QuickBooks Desktop of your system.
- Go to start.
- Open the control
- Go to the programs.
- Go to the program and features.
- Select QuickBooks and select uninstall.
- Click next on the QuickBooks window.
- Press the Repair button.
- Click next and finally click Repair.
Solution 3: Uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks file.
- At times it becomes necessary to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks to remove damage and avoid further damages.
- Click Start.
- Go to the Control
- Click on Programs.
- Right click and uninstall your QuickBooks File.
- Once uninstall is finished, reinstall QuickBooks file on your desktop.
If QuickBooks Error 6000 304 still persists, you can also install and run QuickBooks File Doctor and try resolving issues.
In case you face any error or query while resolving QuickBooks Error -6000, -304, you can contact the company. You can contact the technical support experts of the company. They happily help and suggest simple steps to solve your queries. You can also contact QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number on their toll-free helpline number.
QuickBooks is the leading accounting software and is providing all-around services without failing. You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.