One of the common errors that QuickBooks users encounter, is QuickBooks Error Code 64. Sometimes, you are unable to access your QuickBooks due to some technical errors. It is difficult to understand the origin of this error. QuickBooks error 64 generally comes while you are accessing your company file on the QuickBooks Desktop. A message is displayed on your screen and your QuickBooks will close immediately. If there is any unsaved data, you will need to re-enter it again.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 64
- The main cause of ‘‘QuickBooks error 64’’ is the corruption or damage in the files.
- When the version of your software is out of date.
- When the installation of the files is not finished.
- The damaged system can cause wrongly linked documents.
- A poor shut down of the computer may cause the issue.
- There can be events which can have resulted in errors in the files.
- If your laptop or desktop is contaminated with a trojan or spyware attack.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 64
There are many solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 64. The following list of solutions will help to fix the Error code 64.
Solution 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, you need to download QuickBooks file doctor and install it, it can help to fix the file.
- Once the download is complete, you have to install the tool by double-clicking the exe file.
- Now you are ready to launch the tool on your desktop.
Once you are done with this, then you need to follow the steps below:
- You can check whether your company file is ok or if some problem is detected in it.
- If your company file is ok then rebuilt it if necessary.
- If the data damage is detected by the tool then you need to repair your file.
- Now you need to restore the backup data to your company file.
Also Read: How to Set Up Child Support Garnishment in QuickBooks?
Solution 2: The Automated User Solution (Novice)
- First, you need to download (QuickBooks Error Code 64) repair utility.
- Install the program.
- Now, you have to select “Scan”.
- Once the scan is completed, click on “Repair/Fix Button”.
- Then, you are ready to restart your computer.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 3: Manual User solution (Advanced)
- First, you have to start your computer then log on as an administrator.
- Click the start button then come to All programs and system tools.
- Select “System restore”.
- Open a new window, and select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click “next”.
- Now you need to click on “Restore Point” and choose the latest restore point.
- Now you are on the confirmation window, click “next”.
- Once you are done with the restoration, Restart your computer.
Solution 4: Restart your computer
You have to restart your computer so that all the processes which are running in the background close and then you can again launch QuickBooks.
Note: Make sure no one else is connected to the network.
Solution 5: Disable Power Management Settings
- Go to the window control panel and open the power management settings.
- Press the Windows key.
- Then select power options, turn off the sleep, standby and hibernation modes.
- Now Restart your computer.
Solution 6: For install updates, Log on as Administrator
- Click on the search bar button.
- Now, type “User Accounts”.
- Select manage user accounts, if it asked for the password, type it.
- Once you are logged on as the administrator, go to the settings to windows update.
- Now install the updates.
- Now you are done. If the error code 64 reoccurs, you need to undertake the manual repair method.
The solutions which are mentioned above will help you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 64. If you are still facing this error then you may feel free to contact us on our Toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Number.