QuickBooks is a cloud accounting software that efficiently takes care of the accounting needs of small-mid size businesses. Moreover, the software helps businesses to take care of their accounting, bookkeeping, and associated operational processes. QuickBooks provides various versions to its users like QuickBooks for Mac, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks POS, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise. This blog focuses on two versions of QuickBooks particularly QuickBooks Pro and Premier. And also tells you about the differences between QuickBooks Pro vs Premier.
We will first outline the various features of QuickBooks Pro and Online. We will also cite their key characteristics and their corresponding pros and cons.
About QuickBooks Pro vs Premier
Many things are mandatory during the phase of buying the tool like the software’s features, functionality, support options, cost, usage and productivity. If you have just started your company and are searching for unique and useful accounting features, then consider QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Premier.
QuickBooks Pro is an inclusive accounting solution that is designed to take care of small and midsize businesses. You can generate financial reporting and keep a track of sales.
QuickBooks Premier is created for an on-premise accounting solution that allows its users to pay bills on time, print checks, and track expenses. We will now talk about QuickBooks Pro and Premier in detail.
QuickBooks Pro is a leading version of the QuickBooks software. However, it is devised to simplify the financial needs of your business. Pro is meant for a business that requires a user-focused and intuitive accounting system.
Features of QuickBooks Pro:
Here are some of the features of QB Pro that can highlight its usability and flexibility better:
- Its users can save their time on cash flow management tasks like generating invoices and paying bills.
- This makes accounting easy from adapting to the learning curve as well as the usage of the program on the working system.
- You can pay bills, keep track of the expenses, manage payroll, create invoices, and print checks.
- It has a great email system that permits multiple attachments and features.
- In QuickBooks Pro, the document’s center gives you permission to attach and store documents.
- Calendar view feature in pro permits you to see the billing of the customers, invoices and other necessary tasks.
- Pro offers easy access to the customers, vendors, and employees’ contact information.
- It gathers all your bank transactions from various bank accounts so that you can check them out whenever you feel like and organize them for taxation purposes.
- You get the facility to attach and store documents in the document center.
- The feature of customer snapshot lets you access all the customer data.
- Memorized transactions offer a perfect setup for invoices and estimates and recurring billing.
- You can export the contacts from excel and other email listings via the pro version.
- The feature of Report Center helps in analyzing and better business decision making.
- Also, company snapshot permits you to see your business activities in real-time.
- It helps to create professional forms and invoices for its users.
- You can easily make and print out deposit slips via QuickBooks Pro.
Moreover, after discovering its features, you need to also know what is missing in the pro variant of QuickBooks.
What is Missing in QuickBooks Pro?
- The sales forecast feature is not available in pro.
- Also, you can’t work on multiple company files simultaneously in QB Pro.
- Creating reports with QuickBooks statement writer is missing in QuickBooks Pro.
- It’s not possible to create a business plan in pro.
- The user of pro doesn’t allow its user to automate or customize prices.
Now, let’s discuss in detail what is QuickBooks Premier and its features.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
QuickBooks Premier provides industry-specific tools & reports to its users. In addition, Premier has several versions that are customized for businesses as per the industry they work in. It permits to exchange of files option with clients, presuming they are using a QB program.
Above all, you can learn how the features in premier are helpful in making your business secure, simple, and flexible.
Features of QuickBooks Premier:
QuickBooks Premier is excellent in its own way. Therefore, to discover its optimum features and how they can suit your business’ requirements, follow the points below:
- The feature provides the option of faster payments by automatically reminding customers with payments that are due.
- Premier users can use the built-in, easy-to-access report feature to track their financial data. It can be done separately department and location wise.
- Apart from this, you can simplify customer payment processing by combining multiple invoices into one email.
- The feature in premier allows you to get paid with the right amount by easily and rapidly setting the different billing rates.
- You can prioritize the sales order as per your requirements.
- With the assistance of track sales feature you can track your sales correctly.
- Along with this, you can effortlessly organize your job costs on a vendor-basis and can check which vendor is still unpaid.
- It helps to keep track of your money efficiently.
- Premier offers industry-specific reporting to its users. And also offers more than 150 sales as well as financial tax reports.
- Last but not least, it also offers the feature of customizing reports, form, and capabilities for respective industry.
After that, the next thing is to find out what features are missing in the premier version.
What is Missing in QuickBooks Premier?
- QuickBooks Premier doesn’t support subsidiary and parent reporting features.
- It’s not possible to automate or customize prices within the premier version.
- Bin Location Tracking in the premier version doesn’t work.
- You can’t avail the facility of Bar Code Capabilities without the add-on feature in premier.
Before availing the services it is a must for the client to know the difference among both. It is essential to compare QuickBooks pro vs QuickBooks premier to know the suitability of the products according to the business’ accounting needs.
Common Features in QuickBooks Pro vs QuickBooks Premier
- QuickBooks Pro and premier allows you to track international sales & expenses in multiple currencies.
- Both versions give you the feasibility to view all your customers’ information in one place.
- Information of unpaid vendor bills can be seen via pro and premier versions.
- Pro and premier offer you the facility to track sales, manage taxes & sales, and check customers’ payment.
- Card payment acceptance feature provides an option to pay via Debit Card, Credit Card, and ACH Bank Transfer/ Apple Pay.
- One-click report feature in pro and premier allows you to see key reports in just one click.
The fact is that QuickBooks has different variants that can accomplish your accounting needs. So far we have discussed QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier versions. We talked of the features of each variant. In case you are looking for basic accounting functions, you can choose pro and save your money. This will help you to organize the accounting, expenses and maximize tax deductions, among others. Additionally, you can invest extra and go for premier, if you forecast business growth in a particular business area. Furthermore, it manages the balance sheets and categorizes the financial data of the company. The choice of choosing one variant among QuickBooks Premier vs Pro is up to you and your business’ requirement. If you are in search of more information regarding QuickBooks Pro vs Premier, then dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
A: Yes, QuickBooks premier can be easily migrated to QB Pro or vice versa. For doing so, you will be required an additional third party so that you can convert the QuickBooks Enterprise file to Premier or Pro.
A: If you want to upgrade QB Pro to Premier, the cost will be $649.99 and the additional user’s cost will be $450/ user. Also, you can get the annual upgrades in the upgraded QuickBooks Premier Plus plan.
A: Yes, QuickBooks Premier contains the payroll feature. With this software, you will be able to organize all your business finances and payroll in one place. Additionally, Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Premier Plus with Payroll 2021 also comprises tools for your industry.
A: The main difference between QB Pro and Premier is their versatility. QuickBooks Premier comes up with various industry-specific versions, while Pro doesn’t. Premier also includes powerful reporting features, especially for contracting and inventory purposes.
A: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise includes advanced accounting-related features as Pro and Premier. However, it only permits up to 40 users to work on the software and enough storage space. QuickBooks Enterprise comprises advanced features including six industry-specific versions so that you can meet the business requirements.
A: QuickBooks Premier consists of all QuickBooks Pro features plus tools. This version also helps you in creating sales orders and tracking backorders. Track costs for assembled products and inventory.
A: Below, we have mentioned the features that come up with QuickBooks Pro.
1. Integration with Microsoft Word and Excel.
2. The New QuickBooks.com Website.
3. Permit to run Quicken Business CashFinder.
4. Accounting and Direct Deposit Service.
5. Online Banking and Bill Payment.
A: The following steps can be performed to upgrade QuickBooks Pro.
1. Firstly, visit the camps.intuit.com website.
2. Now, search for your application under the Products & Services list.
3. After that, click on Details.
4. Now, write down the product, payroll subscription details, and what’s included in your edition.
A: QuickBooks Pro is well-suited for small to medium-sized businesses that work well for three users or who are in search of locally installed software. This version has been introduced in 1992. On the contrary, QuickBooks Desktop Pro helps you in organizing business finances in one place and is user-friendly software.
A: QuickBooks Premier comprises all the features of QuickBooks Desktop including the advanced tools for your specific industry such as professional services, contractors, nonprofits, manufacturing and wholesale, retailers.