Is your PC showing Quicken error 28? Then, it means that you are not able to download the transaction from the bank’s server using the one-step update service. There could be other possible reasons for the occurrence of the error. It’s better to find out the causes before reaching the solutions.
Let’s discover the different causes behind the Quicken error 28 happenings.
Causes of Quicken Error 28
The causes of Quicken error 28 are given below:
- Error 28 might be caused due to the corrupted information files.
- Probably, the Quicken software is not compatible with the bank’s server.
- It might be possible that the software is not updated.
Now, we need to look for different methods to troubleshoot this error.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Quicken Error 28
You can try these methods to fix this error. Follow the methods step by step to troubleshoot the error:
Method 1: Check Quicken is working with New Release
- Initially, you need to open Quicken.
- Thereafter, you have to go to Quicken and then check for whether the software is updated.
- Now, you need to click on install.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Quicken Error CC-898?
Method 2: Connect the Account
- First of all, you need to click on the add account icon.
- Next, you need to add the name of your bank.
- Click on your bank and also the type of user ID and password.
- You need to click on the connect button.
- Now, you will see the accounts with the respective bank on your PC.
- You need to link the accounts with the bank.
- Lastly, click on the continue option.
Method 3: Direct Connect accounts:
- Firstly, you need to click on the account name.
- Now, you have to click on the settings gear.
- You need to click on the troubleshooting tab.
- Click on deactivate downloads.
- You need to repeat steps 2-4 for all accounts with the same bank’s server.
- Click on the settings gear again. With this, you need to click on the set up transaction download.
- You have to type the bank’s name and go through the wizard.
- You need to click on the link visible on the screen.
- Next, you have to link the accounts rather adding them.
- Lastly, you need to click on continue.
Taking from the above discussion on Quicken Error 28, we hope you have got a clear understanding of the same. The blog has discussed the causes, and 3 structured methods to troubleshoot the error. We hope, you can resolve the error by following these steps promptly.
If you still come across Quicken Error 28, then dial Quicken Phone Support (Toll- Free).
Frequently Asked Questions