Quicken Error OL-221-A mainly arises when you try to download transactions from the bank. The possible reasons behind this error can be poor internet connection or maybe the bank server is down or unavailable.
Before starting with the troubleshooting procedure, it is essential to detect the error. Moreover, what is the potential reasons behind this error will help you resolve the issue more accurately.
Symptoms of Quicken Error OL-221-A
- Error OL-221-A appears on the screen.
- Your computer freezes with “Error OL-221-A” while running the same program.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
- Error OL-221-A shows up and the system crash with the running application.
What are the Causes of Quicken Error OL-221-A?
- Quicken is unable to receive a legitimate response from the bank during transaction attempts.
- Poor internet connection or network getting disrupted.
- The bank server is down.
- Quicken is not receiving any response from the bank during the transaction.
Steps to Resolve Quicken Error OL-221-A
Step 1- Update the Financial Institution
- Firstly, open Quicken and go to Tools.
- Search One Step Update Summary and check for the financial institution facing Quicken Error OL-221-A.
- Next, go to the Account Register.
- Now, click on Account Actions option present at the right corner.
- Lastly, click on Update Now.
Step 2- Ensure that your internet connectivity is working properly and have a secure connection to make transactions.
Step 3- Disable the antivirus and firewall
- Enable the firewall and antivirus when “Quicken Error OL-221-A” is resolved.
Step 4- Update your financial institution details
- Firstly, go to the Tools menu and open Online Center.
- Choose the financial institution you want to update.
- Press and hold CTRL-key.
- Now press F3.
- Choose the financial institution you are working on.
- Next, refresh and the status will be presented as “needs updating”.
- Click Ok and then Update/Send
- You need to enter your password and click on Update Now.
Step 5- Clean installation of Quicken
- Press the Windows button.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Navigate to Quicken in the list.
- Click the Uninstall/Change tab on the top of your screen.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the program.
- Re-install the software from the website.
- Restart your system to make sure everything is working smoothly.
- Firstly, you have to press the Windows button and go to Programs and Features.
- Search Quicken from the list and click on Uninstall/Change tab.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the process.
- Next, reinstall Quicken.
- Lastly, restart your system and see if Quicken Error OL-221-A is fixed.
Step 6- Conduct a malware scan to remove any virus or malicious program
If “Quicken Error OL-221-A” still remains unfixed, then reach out to our certified experts. We have technicians who ensure that the errors are fixed instantly and you don’t have to suffer in the future. Just dial our toll-free Quicken Customer Support Number.