While opening the Quicken software, you may face the Quicken Error OL-221-B. It indicates that it is a run-time error. It occurs when the software crashes. Also, multiple applications running at the same time may lead to this error. To overcome this, there are multiple of methods to fix it.
This error may arise because of many reasons, let’s first try to find out the signs of the Quicken error.
Signs of Quicken Error OL-221-B
If you are getting any of these signs, then it means you are facing OL-221-B Quicken error:
- Your active program window crashes when OL-221-B Quicken error appears on your system.
- The system crashes if you are running the same program.
- Windows gives a sluggish response.
- Your PC get freezes for a few seconds.
Causes of Error Code OL-221-B
You need to understand the different causes to deal with this error as every cause can give a better understanding of the method that can potentially solve it”
- It might be possible that Quicken Error Code OL-221-B is occurring due to the incomplete installation of the software.
- The error may occur when your Quicken related files get deleted mistakenly.
- The chances of OL-221-B Quicken error increases due to the corrupted Windows registry.
- When Windows system files or Quicken-related program files are infected with malware and virus threats.
Methods to Troubleshoot Error OL-221-B
Now, we are going to introduce the troubleshooting techniques that will fix the OL-221-B Quicken error. You need to follow these methods step by step:
Method 1-Close Conflicting Programs
- Initially, you need to open the task manager by clicking on ctrl-alt-del at the same time.
- Thereafter, you have to go to the processes tab and then click on stop the programs. With this, click on the end process button.
- Next, you need to check if the error message is reoccurring each time after stopping a process.
Method 2- Update/Reinstall Conflicting Programs
Using Control Panel
- In the beginning, for Windows 7, you have to click on the start button. You need to click on the control panel and then uninstall a program.
- Now, for Windows 8, you have to click on the start button. With this, click on more settings.
- Next, you need to click on control panel and then uninstall a program.
- For Windows 10, you need to type a control panel in the search box and then click on the result.
- You need to click on the uninstall a program.
- You have to click on the problem program and then click on update or uninstall.
- Finally, in case if you are clicking on the update, you need to follow the instructions to complete the process. On the other hand, in case you click on the uninstall option, you have to follow the instructions to uninstall and then re-download. You can also use the application’s installation disk to reinstall the program.
Using Other Methods
- First, for Windows 7, you need to click on start. You need to uninstall the installed program using utilities.
- Now, for Windows 10, you have to click on start and then settings. With this, you need to click on apps.
- Lastly, you need to click on the Program which is causing the runtime error. Now, you need to click on uninstall to reset the application.
Also Read: How to Fix Quicken Error OL-332-A?
Method 3 – Update Virus Protection Program or Download and Install the Latest Windows Update
You need to update your virus program on your system. With this, you need to run a Windows update.
Method 4 – Reinstall Runtime Libraries
- Firstly, you need to uninstall the package. You have to click Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Now, you need to click on uninstall and then reboot your computer.
- In the end, download the up-to-date redistributable package and install it.
Method 5 – Run Disk Cleanup
- First, you need to create a backup of your files.
- Next, you have to clear your cache and reboot your system.
- Now, you need to run a Disk Cleanup. Open your explorer window and then click on the main directory.
- Finally, you have to click on properties and then click on disk cleanup.
Method 6 – Reinstall Your Graphics Driver
- Firstly, you need to open the device manager.
- Next, you have to locate the graphics driver.
- Right click on the video card driver.
- Select uninstall and then restart your computer.
Method 7 – IE related Runtime Error
Reset your Browser
- First, for Windows 7 you need to click on Start. You have to go to the control panel. With this, click on internet options.
- Next, you have to click on the advanced tab and then on the reset button.
- Now, for Windows 8 and 10, you need to click on search and then type Internet Options. You have to go to the advanced tab and then click on reset.
Disable the Script Debugging and Error Notifications
- You have to go to the advanced tab and then search for disable script debugging.
- Next, you need to select the radio button.
- Finally, you need to uncheck the Display a Notification about every scrip error item. With this, click on apply and then click ok. Now, you have to reboot your PC.
We have covered the causes of the Quicken error OL-221-B steps. Also, the blog has given the various methods of troubleshooting like close conflicting programs, update/reinstall conflicting programs, update virus protection program, re-install runtime libraries, run disk cleanup, reinstall graphics driver, and IE related runtime error.
In case you are still facing Quicken Error OL-221-B or other related errors, dial Quicken Phone Number +1-888-660-0582. (Toll- Free)
Frequently Asked Questions