The chances of Quicken Error OL-306-a increases when there is a poor or sluggish internet connection while handling financial operations with the software. Also, this error may arise because of a temporary unavailability of the bank’s server. Finding the causes of Quicken error OL-306-a initially is necessary before reaching its solution.
Once you know its causes, you can follow the methodological steps to resolve the error.
Causes of Quicken Error OL-306-a
The causes of Quicken error OL-306-a are as follows. Following are the reasons as to why the software’s user come across the specific error:
- The error might be occurring because the bank has updated security settings.
- There is a probability that you are using an old version of the Quicken software.
- It may take place due to a popup blocker firewall issue, or some changes in internet settings.
- Incorrect log in credentials may be the reason of this error.
- There might be a possibility that your account is closed.
Steps to Resolve Quicken Error OL-306-a
To overcome the Quicken error OL-306-a, you need to follow these solutions step by step:
Ensure Quicken is Up to Date
- Firstly, you need to open Quicken.
- Thereafter, you have to go to help and then click on check for the updates.
- Now, you need to make sure that the software is updated.
- If the software is not updated, you will get a notification to install the latest release.
- Next, you need to click on yes to install it.
Deactivate the Account that is Experiencing this Issue
- First, you need to go to tools and then account list.
- Next, you have to click on edit for the account that has the error code.
- Now, click on online services.
- You need to click on deactivate and then yes.
- Finally, you have to click on ok and done.
Also Read: How to Resolve Quicken Error Code 163?
If you want to check that your Quicken files are safe, then you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to file and then file operations.
- Now, you need to go to validate and then repair.
- Next, put a check on the validate file.
- You need to click on ok.
- Select yes in case Quicken asks you to save the transactions.
- With this, the software will begin the validation process.
- You will receive a DATA_LOG notepad.
- Finally, you need to reactivate your account in case no error has been found in the DATA_LOG.
Reactivate your Account
- Initially, you need to go to tools and then account list.
- Thereafter, you have to click on edit.
- Click on online services and click on set up now.
- You have to give login details.
- Now, you need to click on save this password.
- You have to click on connect.
- Link your bank information.
- Finally, click on next and then finish.
As discussed in the blog, hope you have got a clear understanding of the reasons behind the occurrence of Quicken Error OL-306-a. With the help of this blog, you will get to know the probable causes of the error. Besides, the steps are given to troubleshoot the software’s error.
If you still face Quicken Error OL-306-a, then dial Toll- Free Quicken Phone Support +1-888-660-0582.
Frequently Asked Questions