QuickBooks online helps users to manage business activities in a user-friendly way. One of the renowned features of QuickBooks is to download bank transactions directly. The users can connect their banks and credit card account with QuickBooks. Through this, the users can directly download the unmatched transactions in QuickBooks Online. In this blog, we will discuss how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks automatically reconcile the bank statements. It also reduces the work to enter those transactions and reconcile them. QB Online saves time and efforts. It avoids the tedious work of data entry.
What are Unmatched Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks assigns each downloaded transactions from bank or credit card account a matched or unmatched status. Matched status means that the transaction is already with present or has already been entered. Unmatched transactions in QuickBooks get accumulated in the QuickBooks online.
This can be because of various reasons like corrupted bank transactions, incorrect matching techniques. These unmatched transactions are the ones which create a problem.
How to Unmatch a Transaction in QuickBooks Online?
There are two ways in which the user can do so. Through banking page and through bank register. Here are the steps to unmatch downloaded transaction in QuickBooks Online.
From the banking page
To unmatch single transaction:
- Select Banking from the left menu on the page
- Then again select banking from the panel
- The users need to make sure that the correct bank or credit card account is selected
- Now, go to the In QuickBooks tab
- Select the items that the user want to unmatch. The user can also select the common header to sort up or down by amount, date, description and so on. This will help to easily find the transaction.
- Click on undo in the action column
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
To unmatch multiple transactions:
- Check each transaction which the user want to unmatch
- Now, in the date column select undo
From bank register
- At the top of the page, select gear icon
- Under setting select chart of accounts
- Find the account and select view register in the action column
- Now select the transactions, then click on edit
- A select online transaction at the top of the transaction
- Click on unmatch on the next screen
After unmatching transactions, it goes back to the review tab. There the users can categorize and match them again.
Deleting Downloaded Transactions in QuickBooks Online
For this activity also users can use any of the two methods of deleting transactions. The two ways for “how to delete a transaction in QuickBooks” are mentioned below:
From the Register
- Select the gear icon
- Now select chart of account under settings
- Find the account, then select view register
- Select all the unwanted transactions
- Click on the delete button in the transaction line
- Select delete both to delete the transaction, as well as the downloaded transactions
The deleted transaction will not show up in the transactions to be rematched.
From the Transaction Window
When deleting the transaction through the transaction window, both the transactions and the downloaded transaction will be deleted. These transactions will not be shown in the transaction list.
- Select the gear icon
- Under settings, select a chart of account
- Find the account and select view register
- Select the unwanted transactions
- Now click on edit on the transaction list
- In the transaction dialogue box, click on more
- Then delete
- Lastly, click on ok to confirm
Hope that this article would have helped in fixing the issue “how to unmatch a transaction in QuickBooks Online“. For any query – contact the QuickBooks Support Phone Number.