A firewall is an essential application which keeps your system safe from virus or malware attacks. Sometimes, the firewall blocks certain QuickBooks company files to access the internet. Therefore, you have to configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports or update your firewall to the latest version.
Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports Automatically
Run QuickBooks File Doctor to open firewall ports automatically. Moreover, this tool can also help you configure Windows Firewall.
Configure QuickBooks Firewall Ports Manually
Add exceptions to your QuickBooks 2018, 2017 & 2016 firewall ports
- First of all, go to the Start menu and find Firewall.
- Now, select Windows Firewall and from the right corner, choose Advanced Settings.
- After that, right-click on Inbound Rules and then choose New Rule.
- Next, you have to click on Port and then click on Next.
- Look out for TCP option and enter particular ports required for your QuickBooks version. After that, click on Next.
QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX. (XXXXX is the assigned port number found in QuickBooks Database Server Manager)
QB Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
QB Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
How can you Resolve Connectivity Issues?
If you are facing connectivity issues, then try making exceptions in QuickBooks using Windows Firewall. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, Click on the Start button and search Firewall.
- Now, go to the Windows Firewall.
- Next, choose Advanced Setting from the right pane.
- After that, right-click on Inbound Rules
- Then, select New Rule.
- Now, you have to select Program and click on Next.
- Select This Program Path and click on Browse.
- Next, go to the file location and click on Next.
- Then, choose to Allow the Connection and click on Next.
- Make sure that all profiles are marked and click Next.
- After that, assign a unique name and choose Finish.
- Lastly, repeat these steps for Outbound Rules. (In step 3, right-click on Outbound Rules)
Is it possible to Configure Third-Party Anti-Virus/Firewall Programs?
Note: Perform this solution if QuickBooks firewall configuration is unable to rectify the issue.
- Intuit is unable to provide configuration steps because numerous antivirus/firewall programs are present nowadays. Therefore, it is suggested refer your software documentation or the website.
- If you still face any issues while opening file over a network. Then, try adding the directories to your 3rd party virus program given below.
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessageing.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBGDSPlugin.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\YOUR QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBSeverUtilityMgr.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBCFMoniterService.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBLaunch.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS\QBUpdate|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common files\Intuit\Sync|
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|
In the above article, we have tried to cover all the aspects of “QuickBooks firewall ports”. In case you need any technical assistance, feel free to reach us. Just dial our QuickBooks Support Desk Number. Our certified QB ProAdvisors provide reliable solutions in very less time.