A paycheck is a paper document that is paid to an employee. If you want to create a paycheck in QuickBooks then you first need to set up QuickBooks Payroll for transactions then you will be able to create single to multiple QuickBooks paycheck. You can create three types of paychecks in QuickBooks payroll.
In this blog, we will discuss how to create a Paycheck in QuickBooks and the types of the QuickBooks Paychecks.
What are the types of Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
There are three types of Paychecks in QuickBooks payroll. We have mentioned all of them as follows:
- Scheduled Payroll Paychecks
Scheduled Payroll is the one in which you pay your representatives on a “standard calendar,” such as week by week, month to month, etc. It also considered under a Scheduled Payroll category even if you are paying the employees on an alternate calendar. You need to ensure that finance plan dates are correctly put in before running planned finance.
- Unscheduled Payroll Paychecks
This type of Paychecks will come into the scenario when you do not pay your employees routinely, or you are paying them an “off-cycle” paycheck or reward check, etc. that is not adjoined with their regular paycheck.
- Termination Check
You can use Termination Checks to pay off the last paycheck to the discharged or fired workers. The format helps you to enter a representative’s discharge date and inspecting them idle(discretionary).
What to do before Creating Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the steps written below before creating QuickBooks Paychecks in QB Desktop:
- Activate the Payroll Service.
- Download the latest version of the tax table.
- Switch QuickBooks Desktop in single-user mode.
- Make a payroll item.
- Insert the “Employee withholding information”.
- Set up “Employee direct deposit information” if you want to pay through Direct Deposit.
- Generate Paychecks in the same company file.
- Detect the place where you are creating QuickBooks paychecks.
How to Create a Paycheck in QuickBooks?
Listed below are the steps that help you to create a paycheck in QuickBooks:
- Select Employees and click on Pay Employees.
- Choose the option that is required/applicable to you (choose from the below-given options)
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
In Scheduled payroll:
- In Create paychecks, select Proper schedule.
- Choose Start Schedule Payroll and you will have a Payroll Window on the screen.
In Unscheduled payroll
You will directly open up with entering Payroll information.
Termination is also called a late payroll paycheck. So, follow the steps written below to create a termination check:
Select the Printing Option that is applicable to you:
For printing, select the required option.
For check options:
- In the queue paychecks, choose print paychecks.
- Choose Hardware and allocate check numbers if they have been written by hand.
- While entering a check number, enter the First check.
For Direct Deposit options:
- Firstly, Print the direct deposit on the check stock to file DD Device.
- Assign the DD numbers to restrict direct deposit so that it will not locate in the file paycheck.
- Now, locate an alphanumeric starting number and print it on the direct deposit pay stubs.
- Choose the employees name.
- If you want to edit the employee paycheck information then choose the name of the employee so that you can run the paycheck details.
- The purpose of doing feature payroll items to change amounts before generating the paychecks.
- If the employee is using direct deposit then choose Direct deposit box.
- Finally, select do not Accrue Sick/Vicki. You need not sick to accrue on the exact paycheck.
Note: If you are paying to your employees through direct deposit then, save the serial number of a check since you need to fill it in the text memo.
We have discussed all the types and steps to create QuickBooks Paycheck in the above blog. In case, the above steps of creating paychecks did not help to create a paycheck on your own then, you can contact us immediately at our Toll-Free QuickBooks Desktop Support Number.