QuickBooks Payroll is one of the Services from Intuit Inc. – a celebrated giant in accounting world and the Silicon Valley borough. Once you activate QuickBooks Payroll Service, you can enable and use the Payroll features of QuickBooks Desktop and automate the payroll process in your business with QuickBooks Payroll. Its ease of processing Paychecks, Direct Deposit payment option, E-filing W-2’s and its versatile Tax reporting swayed over 3.2 million customers to use QuickBooks. Everything else is robotic except just a click for QuickBooks Payroll Updates to ensure that the taxes calculate correctly before you create Employee Paychecks. QuickBooks Error 12057 is a QuickBooks Payroll Update Error.
What causes QuickBooks Error 12057?
QuickBooks Error 12057 is a common error that occurs when you try to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll service. This error is usually caused by incorrect SSL settings or network connectivity issues. Here are some causes of QuickBooks Error 12057.
- When Intuit Payroll servers don’t respond to QuickBooks Payroll Requests.
- QuickBooks fails to communicate with Intuit Servers.
- Timed-out Internet connection – means random response intervals.
- Internet packet Lost – When data fails to reach their destination across the network.
- The operation timed out – When Server response takes longer than usual to a request made from a device.
- The firewall or the Security Software on your computer is blocking the communication.
- Incorrect Network SSL configuration settings.
- WinInet API fails to initialize with Standard protocols like HTTP, FTP and Gropher.
WinInet API helps QuickBooks to access Standard Internet Protocols to download and receive updates failing which you may come across Payroll Update QuickBooks Error 12057 among many others QuickBooks 12000 series errors mentioned in the below.
- QuickBooks Error 12001 – 12007
- QB Error 12052
- QuickBooks Error 12008 – 12164
- QuickBooks Error 12666 to 12173 etc.
You May Also Read: Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 12057?
- Close the company file followed by QuickBooks Desktop.
- Update Your Microsoft Windows Operating system.
- Restart your computer after the update completes (Note: Windows update takes a while).
- Open QuickBooks without opening the company file and update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help Menu and select Update QuickBooks
- Select Options Tab Check Yes enable QuickBooks Automatic Updates.
- Click Mark All
- Now Select Update Now Tab followed by Get Updates and wait for updates to complete.
- Close you QuickBooks after the updates.
Step 2: Correct your System Date and time on the computer if it wrong.
QuickBooks Updates do have a date of release associated with them, incorrect date and time can restrict the update process and can cause QuickBooks Error 12057
- Close your QuickBooks.
- Adjust your computer date and time from Control Panel or System Tray.
- Open your QuickBooks again and try Payroll Update again.
You May Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Update Error 12031
Step 3: Configure the Internet Settings on your Computer
As mentioned earlier, glitches in your internet connection could also cause Error 12057.
- Go to your Internet Service Providers Home Page e.g. AT&T to verify that you have the optimum speed.
- Open QuickBooks Help menu from and select Internet Connection Setup.
- Select the second Radio Option that says “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet”
- Afterwards, click Next and Select Advanced Connection Settings
- On the Internet Settings Window select Advanced Tab click Restore Advanced Settings
- Click Apply followed by OK and then
- Update QuickBooks Desktop
Step 4: Check and Correct your Firewall and Internet Security Settings.
- Add QuickBooks Application, Ports and processed in your Firewall and Internet Security.
- Port 80 and 443 is compulsory to be enabled.
- The following QuickBooks Executable Files exe, QBLaunch.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, AutoBackupExe.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileMovementExe.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, Dbmlsync.exe, QBGDSPlugin.exe, QBServerUtilityMgr.exe, FileManagement.exe, QuickBooksMessaging.exe, AutoBackupExe.exe
Firewall being a non-Intuit issue may not be entertained or supported because of a variety of firewall program being used by the businesses, find a QuickBooks ProAdvisor for bespoke support.
Step 5: QuickBooks Manual Update for Multiple Versions Installed on a computer
QuickBooks Error Code 12057 can occur if you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed or used on a single computer. In such situations Install QuickBooks Manual Updates for all the QuickBooks Versions separately.
Step 6: Configure Internet Security Protocols
- Close all open Programs along with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously from your keyboard.
- Type cpl in the run box on the bottom left corner of your computer screen and click OK.
- Open the Advanced Tab, scroll through the settings till the Security group.
- After that, put a Check on SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 and Click OK.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks Desktop and try to update Payroll again.
If you still face after diagnostic and troubleshooting steps, please contact our QuickBooks Customer Support Desk for more help.
Thank you for visiting our site. We are always ready to help you with any of your queries related to QuickBooks. We feel glad helping you, and you are always welcome over here on this platform. Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community