QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 occurs when QB Database Service User does not possess sufficient permissions to access the file location. This can happen if your system is not configured properly or there are invalid entries in your Windows registry.
In this blog, you will learn the causes of “QB Unexpected error 5” and various solutions to fix it efficiently. Further, we have simplified the methods for a better understanding.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
Users can face Unexpected error 5 anytime while working with QB. In order to fix it, is necessary to know the factors that lead to this error:
- Improper installation of QB leads to “Unexpected Error 5”.
- Registry entry or system file gets accidentally deleted.
- There are invalid entries in the Windows registry.
- Your Pc shuts down improperly.
- Any virus or malware attack can cause QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
Method 1: Use the Reimage Repair tool
- Firstly, you have to download Reimage Repair tool.
- Now, save the file on your desktop.
- Next, right-click on the Reimage Repair tool link and choose the option ‘Save it to the Desktop’.
- Now, go to the file location and click Yes when the prompt comes up on your screen.
- Do not mark the checkbox to start the automatic scan.
- You need to click on Install, the tool will start scanning.
- Once you are done with the scanning, click on Start Repair.
- Finally, restart your computer and see whether “Unexpected Error 5” exists.
Method 2: Use QB File Doctor
Download and install QuickBooks File Doctor on your system. It will help you to fix all sort of permission issues.
Method 3: Provide File Share Access
- Firstly, you need to give file share access for resolving QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5.
- Now, open file explorer and right-click on the folder where the company file is saved.
- Meanwhile, you have to choose Properties and click on the Sharing tab.
- After that, choose full or partial sharing based upon your business requirements.
- Lastly, click on Apply and Ok.
if you want to get rid of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5; you just need to follow the steps in the correct order. If you face any kind of technical issues, feel free to reach us. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Help Number.
Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]