QuickBooks is an accounting program that enables you to grow your business easily and effectively. There are a few errors that can stand in the way of using QB. QuickBooks Error 6143 is one of them. This article will provide a detailed overview of QB Error 6143.
What is QuickBooks Error 6143?
QuickBooks Error 6143 can occur due to various reasons. It can happen due to a malfunction in the company files. This can be due to corrupted system files. It can be because of an incomplete or damaged installation. It can also be due to corrupted or deleted entries in the Windows Registry.
As a part of QuickBooks Error 6143, you will see “Error 6143” appearing and crashing on your open Windows onscreen. It is important to fix this error as soon as possible to ensure that your tasks get completed smoothly and effectively.
Update Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6143
These are some steps you can follow to fix QuickBooks Error 6143.
1. Open a sample company file locally installed on a workstation
You are verifying if the problem lies with your company file or the QuickBooks application by opening a sample company file. If the sample company file does not open and displays the error, it is a sign of the QuickBooks installation being damaged. It should be repaired immediately.
- Choose Open a Sample File in the No Company Open window.
- Choose from the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, proceed to open the file locally. If the sample file returns the same error message, repair your QuickBooks installation.
Also Read: How You Can Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
2. Open the company file locally
By opening the file locally, you are testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. If the file opens while it is saved on the desktop, it means the location is probably damaged. If the file still did not open after changing the location, there is a possibility that the file is damaged.
- Open the folder which contains the company file.
- Find the file that has the extension of.
- Right-click the file.
- Select Copy.
- Go to the desktop.
- Right-click on the desktop.
- Choose Paste.
- Press the control key.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the No Company Open window.
- Choose Open or restore an existing company.
Proceed to close all QuickBooks processes.
3. Close all QuickBooks processes
- Log in as the Administrator.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc which will display the task manager.
- Selecting the Users tab to show processes for all users.
If the error is still not resolved, it could be due to because the folder where the file is saved does not have the right permission.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
4. Configure Anti-Virus Software and firewall ports
If your anti-virus and firewall programs block access to specific QuickBooks programs or files, you might encounter these errors. You can try to configure your firewall ports and to set up an exception to your anti-virus software.
The Intuit Certified ProAdvisors at QuickBooks will help you fix the issue as quickly and competently as possible. These are all the ways in which you can correct QuickBooks Error 6143 either manually or with the help of the QuickBooks Error Support Number.
Thank you for visiting our site. We are always ready to help you with any of your queries related to QuickBooks. We feel glad helping you, and you are always welcome over here on this platform. Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. Still, if you do not find any answer for your specific question within the community, in that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.