Life these days has been made easier with technology. Everything is now more accessible, more affordable and easier to deal with. So why should your bank transactions be left behind in QuickBooks Desktop? In these busy days, it is difficult to go to a bank and then mechanically print your transactions to check the cash flow. Wouldn’t it be much better or simpler if you had a better method where you could see all your transactions in your computer without having to run to your nearest branch whenever necessity arose?
If you agree with me, then you are in for a pleasant surprise. QuickBooks is a great software you can access in your computer and use it to store all the transactions of your account for atleast 90 days. Especially useful when it comes to bookkeeping for business, this software definitely had the potential to change lives. Using some very simple and easy-to-follow steps, now even you can get all the transactions of your business right in your office without having to budge a step.
Procedure to download bank transactions into QuickBooks Desktop
- First, make your own login ID and password on QuickBooks portal. Make sure you choose a very secure password.
- Then go to the Banking option where you will find the transactions option. Click on that.
- In your transaction options, you will find that you have to input your account details. So put into the necessary details to connect all primary and auxiliary accounts associated with your business.
- Then you click which account you want to select and check.
- An interface will open in front of you with multiple options. Be sure to choose the recent transactions option.
- All your transactions with the time period of 90 days will be downloaded on your desktop. However, the time that has been set is not rigid. If you wish so, you can change the settings and choose a shorter time for the transactions.
You May Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 392?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
- Now you can easily go through your transactions and check your finances in peace.
- For certain occasions, you may have to upload your transaction sheet in CSV format. It is for those who wish to work offline without connecting to the banks directly.
- Once your work is done, then just log off for the day. Your transaction data protected by standard encryption and will not be lost to you even in the worst of cases.
- You can also use QuickBooks Desktop for your personal account as well. However, it will be a better idea to use a separate portal for it. So that your personal and official transactions don’t mix up. Keep both the accounts separate yet accessible.
QuickBooks is extremely easy to use and utilize for your own good. It will help you get all the pertinent details you need for daily transactions and allow your business to run smoothly without a hitch.
No system, how safe, is invulnerable and while this software is definitely very much protected and secure, certain things can go wrong due to carelessness. Make sure that no one else has access to your login or password apart from the financial staff or the trusted ones who need your transaction details. Also, you need to be careful with your internet connection. Occasionally, despite the best of intentions, even QuickBooks is prone to errors, so it’s better to read through the manual properly and check it if any problems arise. Overall, a very smooth software that is definitely beneficial to the corporate sector as far as finances are concerned!
Further, on the off chance that you ever feel the need of taking guidance from your kindred entrepreneurs that happened to be our current supporters, you can visit our flourishing QuickBooks Community.