Sage accounting software offers payroll, HR, accounting analytics, and other features to small and medium-sized businesses. For over a decade, Sage has iterated to include more functionalities such as human resource features. Considering all the amazing features, we can’t ignore error codes that might occur due to numerous reasons in Sage. Today, we have decided to write on one such error that appears during an installation process i.e. error 1721 Sage.
You can get a detailed view of the error 1721 Sage via going through the following post. We have included all the causes along with its solutions to deal with the same.
What does Error 1721 Sage Indicate?
You may come across the error 1721 Sage because of some issue with the Windows Installer package. You may face an error message displaying “Error 1721: Issue with the Windows Installer package. An application is required to complete the installation procedure.” To continue working on the Sage software, you need to resolve this error instantly. Proceed further to know some of the effective solutions.
Root Causes of Error 1721 Sage
One of the following causes may lead to the error 1721 Sage and hinder you from accessing the software. If you have also got stuck with the same error, first check out the reasons and then try to fix it manually.
- When Windows Installer has not been registered successfully, this may cause an error.
- Due to corrupted or damaged Windows installer.
- Because of using an older version of Windows Installer.
- If you have not properly cleaned out the Windows Installer, this could also be the reason behind the occurrence of the error 1721 Sage.
Also Read: How to Resolve Sage ACCPAC Error 49153?
Hassle-Free Methods to Troubleshoot the Sage Error 1721
Below, we have described all the expected solutions that can be performed to get rid of the error 1721 Sage.
Method 1: Reinstallation of Windows Installer
- First of all, reboot the system.
- Then, log in to the system as an Admin.
- After that, choose My PC and go to C:\WINDOWS\system32
- Find out exefile and right-click on it.
- Next, click on Properties and select your version.
- Now, you will see the Windows Installer version.
- If you have Windows XP Service Pack or higher version in your system, follow the steps written below.
- Choose the Start menu and then click on Run Command.
- Write CMD in the search box.
- Enter msiexec/regserver or msiexec/unregisteror on the Command Prompt window.
- It will automatically re-register the installer.
- Finally, reinstall the Sage software and modify the registry.
Method 2: Reinstalling the Sage Software
- The first step is to reconnect an external device in which the Sage 50 is installed.
- Now, uninstall Sage 50 from the PC.
- You have to install the software again on the default program of your operating system.
Method 3: Run a System File Checker
- Firstly, launch the command box and choose the Start option.
- Now, click on Run and type cmd.exc.
- Click on Ok.
- Open the command box and type SFC/purecach and hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to remove the error installs cleanup utility.
- Finally, install Windows Installer 4.5 to delete it.
Come to End!
Feasibly, you have resolved the error 1721 Sage by following the above post. It is suggested to update the software before proceeding to apply any of the listed solutions. If you have no idea of how to apply the aforementioned solutions, quickly contact us to resolve all your queries. We ensure to provide you with the tech-support solutions at minimal expenses. So ring us now to get instantaneous technical support.