QuickBooks Desktop is a very useful tool that helps in managing businesses and helps to control the finances. It has revolutionized the way accounts are managed and bookkeeping is done for a business. No more do you need to worry about running to the bank for checking transactions nor do you have to wait in long lines anymore to get a mechanical copy. Everything and anything you’d wish for is right at your fingertips. Truly an amazing software which allows you to access all bank transactions via desktop, and makes sure you can check and control multiple accounts if needed, from a single portal of your own.
However, even the best of softwares can sometimes suffer glitches and fall in disarray. However, rest assured that it is not anything serious for which you will have to stop all your work. The software has its own repair codes and is very much fixable by the user itself, so you don’t need to worry about calling and expensive mechanic and spend unnecessarily. Plus, since the software is something you will have to use for the long term, it is just plain common sense that you should know the fixes too.
WHAT KIND OF ISSUES CAN ARISE?
QuickBooks is a multi-tasking software and can suffer occasionally from a variety of problems, mainly cropping due to the presence of viruses on malware. These malicious files tend to attack the software and may cause any inadvertent selection of crucial setup files. This can later lead to a host of other issues. Here are a few points about the kind of issues that can arise:
- Sudden freezing of the computer during working.
- Very low or negligible response of the computer, especially to mouse or keyboard commands.
- Windows not able to start up properly.
- QuickBooks screen showing errors and indicating that you need to go rebuild and verify.
- QuickBooks not able to open properly and getting logged off frequently.
HOW TO EXECUTE REPAIRS?
Repairing and fixing such issues is all a part of the entire QuickBooks module. All you have to do is follow a couple of steps and you will be fine. These steps ensure that you rebuild and verify your software so that all problems or glitches get sorted. Rest assured that you will not lose any of your precious transaction data, as QuickBooks does have the option if saving backups even while facing issues. Just follow the steps given below and your software will be back to normal:
- First, you will have to access and run the Rebuild Data utility from the software.
- Click on the File menu, then you have to select Utilities, from there choose the option of Rebuild Data.
- Soon you will see a QuickBooks Information window which will pop up, then you have to select OK. There will be further instructions shown on the screen on how to save a potential backup.
- Contrary to popular belief, you may see that your window and screen is inactive. But remember that as long as you can see the pointer of the mouse move, the Rebuild function is still in the process.
- Once it is complete, you can select OK.
How to use the Verify command:
It is almost the same as above. You have to access the utility window and open the File menu this time, look for the verify Data option. Then follow the instructions and proceed for back-up as shown above. once it is complete, you can proceed for the rest of the tasks.
Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Errors is extremely easy and can be done with minimal effort. If there are any more issues, you can check the internet for better information. However, this post should be enough to suffice all doubts about fixing the issues as far as Rebuild and verify command is considered.
If facing any complex issues related to QuickBooks, Connect with Our QuickBooks Error Technical Support at toll free number 1-877-263-2742.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.