QuickBooks helps register all the transactional reports and data between different companies. While upgrading a company file to QuickBooks, opening a company file from a network server or restoring a backup, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 6123. You may be unable to restore the backup. In this article, you may find a solution to the error encountered.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123 and How it is Caused?
Sometimes, when a user tries to restore QuickBooks company files from backup hard disk or opens a company file from the multi-network server. After that, an error message “QuickBooks Error 6123,0” is displayed on the screen.
QuickBooks error 6123 0 is caused due to:
- Restoring a company file from an external storage device.
- Disrupted network connection from the host server.
- Damaged QuickBooks Company data file.
- Firewall settings interrupting QuickBooks to open the company
- McAfee Antivirus service is installed on the computer. It interferes with QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Damaged Windows.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
Download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Then after, Browse the Company File.
- Select Check File Damage Only, then Diagnose File.
- Enter your Admin Password and then select OK.
- Afterwards, select Open File in Newer Version or Repair File in the existing version.
- Follow the remaining steps appearing on the screen.
- Reboot your computer.
Also Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1328?
Rename .ND and .TLG file
- Open the folder having the company file.
- Select the corresponding .ND file of your company.
- Right-click on the company file and select Rename.
- Rename .ND file to .ND.OLD.
- Similarly select .TLG file and Rename .TLG file.
- Rename .TLG file to .TLG.OLD.
- Now, Open your QuickBooks Company File.
Move Company File to a Different Location
If you are unable to open your QuickBooks company file, try moving it to a different location and open it. Furthermore, if you are using a server connection, try copying file on the computer you are using QuickBooks and open it.
Use the Auto Data Recovery Features
Restore the QuickBooks adr file copy of the file and see if it works. There is a slight chance that the file is corrupted and this might resolve QuickBooks error 6123 0 error.
Disable the Antivirus Programs
Sometimes, the antivirus program interferes with the company file and the user might not be able to open its QuickBooks company file. Disable the antivirus program and open the file. This might resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0.
- Firstly, uninstall the currently running QuickBooks from the Control Panel.
- Have your product and license information available.
- Next, download QuickBooks version you want to use in your computer or insert CD.
- Install QuickBooks following the normal procedure.
- Fill out your product and license information.
- Lastly, open the company file.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Create a New Window User
There might be a possibility that your current Windows User Login is corrupted.
- Open Control Panel.
- Select Create New User Option in User Icon.
- Select Administrator for user type.
- Log out of the existing
- Restart the computer. Login using new user credentials.
- Move the company file to the desktop.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and access the company file.
If you are still unable to understand how to fix QuickBooks Error 6123, it is advisable to contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support Number (available 24*7). They have a team of highly efficient technical advisors who are able to troubleshoot the issue.
QuickBooks is the leading accounting software and is providing all-around services without failing. You ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners, then you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community.