QuickBooks is an accounting software package that comes from Intuit. They are mainly aimed at small and medium-sized businesses. It can be used to accept payment, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions. They use Microsoft Windows Operating System. QuickBooks error code C=1304 pops up when you are installing or updating QuickBooks. The error message that crops up will be “error writing to file (filename)”. Check that you have access to the directory.
QuickBooks Error 1304 can cause due to three major reasons:
- Foremost reason can be some problem with the CD Drive itself.
- The second reason can be due to some damage to the CD.
- The third cause is that it can be due to a damaged microsoft.net component.
Analysis of QuickBooks Error C=1304
Now let us have a look at some analysis of Quickbook error code C=1304 before getting into the details how to correct it. The error can be caused due to a fault in the CD or the CD drive. Or due to a damaged .net component too. To fix error 1304 – before installing QuickBooks first copy the installation folder from the CD to the hard drive. Then try to install QuickBooks from the folder that you just copied to the hard drive.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304?
Here are some ways which you can use to tackle this situation:
Copy the installing application and the whole folder to the computer’s hard drive:
- Insert the CD into the CD drive. If the installation process is initiated automatically– click on ‘quit’.
- Right click on the windows start button and click ‘explore’.
- Before copying the contents– create a new folder in a suitable location. This may be on the desktop. Enter QuickBooks as the name of the folder. This is just to remove any sort of confusion that may prevail if any other name is used.
- On the left pane, right-click the CD and click on ‘explore’.
- On the right pane, locate QuickBooks and the setup.exe file.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key to select both the file and the folder.
- Right-click one of the highlighted folders and click on ‘copy’.
- Browse back to ‘QuickBooks’ folder that you created previously.
- Right-click that folder and click on ‘paste’.
Install QuickBooks from the folder which you copied to the hard drive:
- Open QuickBooks folder to which you have copied the file.
- Double click the setup.exe (or any other folks of the same form) file to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Also Read: How to Fix Issues by Verify & Rebuild Utility in QuickBooks Desktop?
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Scanning the Computer with Reimage Repair Tool
Reimage Repair Tool is easy to use and free to download tool. It is used to scan, detect and repair your computer for system errors like QuickBooks C=1304. Here are the steps that must be followed in order to scan your device with this tool:
- Download the Reimage Repair Tool and place it on your desktop.
- Now, navigate to the file location and double-click it. Install it by giving all the necessary permissions to it.
- The top will automatically begin a preliminary scan to check the health of your computer.
- Once the scan is done – the tool will help you know about the areas in which your PC is lacking. And if a repair is essential. If it is, click start repair button in the bottom right corner.
- Now, you just have to restart the computer and it is done.
If still getting the QuickBooks error code C=1304 after trying given steps, instantly contact at QuickBooks Error Support Number and connect with tech experts anytime.