QuickBooks encounters unnumbered errors, but one of the main errors happen to occur when QuickBooks won’t open for a couple of minutes in an absolutely unexpected state. This may happen because of technical errors that can be caused in part by a system and environmental problems in addition to problems with how QuickBooks interacts with these variables.
At times, users will encounter QuickBooks not an opening problem while doing a particular work. Therefore, we always recommend updating to the latest version of QuickBooks that has advanced features and tools and the power to avoid such errors frequently. There are various other reasons as to why QuickBooks not responding when opening errors may occur. One such reason is also due to hard drive corruption or damage to program files or damage to the Windows operating system.
By downloading QuickBooks component repair tool and providing the run command or by rebooting the computer and temporarily disabling the antivirus software, these errors can be fixed for real.
What is the QuickBooks won’t open error?
When you attempt to open QuickBooks Desktop, you see an error (QuickBooks won’t open or stopped working), or no error at all (nothing happens or freezes). Your QuickBooks could also be very slow to respond, or completely not responding when opening a company file. This could be one out of various company file errors, or you might see the QuickBooks error code 1603, error code 1935 or error code 1402. There are several possible causes for QuickBooks won’t open issue and several solutions which may resolve it.
What are the causes of QuickBooks won’t open error?
Several factors might lead to QuickBooks would not open error. It is required to consider all factors before beginning troubleshooting.
- Your company name is very long.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Your hard drive is corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation is not functioning effectively.
- Your Windows operating system is damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks will not open Error
Symptoms of QuickBooks will not open error are listed below-
- QuickBooks desktop freezes while running the same applications.
- You are using an old version of QuickBooks.
- Your computer freezes periodically.
- QuickBooks is not installed properly.
- Your Pc responds sluggishly to mouse and keyboard inputs.
- QuickBooks Company file fails to open.
You May Also Read: How to Fix Quickbooks Abort Error?
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks won’t open Issue
Solution 1: Restart your system
Step 1: It is extremely important to reboot/restart your computer before you begin the process.
Step 2: Now, practice opening QuickBooks file again and check whether QuickBooks won’t open error is gone or still there.
*Try disabling your Antivirus program temporarily in case the problem continues to persist.
Solution 2: Download and run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a very important tool that downloads and fixes issues freely with the help of Microsoft components used in QuickBooks, such a Microsoft.NET Framework, Microsoft MSXML, and Microsoft Visual C++.
Solution 3: Rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file
When you rename/Delete QBWUSER.INI file, it helps in erasing every information that is saved in that list of previously opened files. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows + E key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Under the “Organize” tab on the top left press, Folder, and search options.
- Press the ‘View’ tab.
- Under the Advanced Settings >> Hidden files and folders, select the Show hidden files and folders, and then tap on Ok.
- Visit My Computer >> C: drive >> Documents >> [Your user name] >> Local Settings >> Application Data >> Intuit >> QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click on the QBWUSER.INI file and Click Delete/Rename
* QuickBooks Automatically builds a new QBWUSER.INI file.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Re-install QuickBooks using a clean install
When you choose to uninstall and install QuickBooks Desktop, your software gets the opportunity of refreshing itself entirely and coming back with the latest version at the same time. This, therefore, plays a significant role in resolving your QuickBooks won’t open issues in a much faster and easier manner.
Solution 5: Open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
At times, where you keep your company files stored in, becomes corrupted and damaged. This is a system issue. Here’s how to fix that:
- Press the Windows + E keys on your keyboard.
- Look for the data file, that will have a .qbw file extension (e.g. mycompanyfile.qbw). When you look for a file that is located on a network server, browse to the network drive on which the data file is located (for example X:QBdata).
- After you have found your company file, right-click on it and press Copy.
- Locate your C: Drive and make a new folder there.
- Name that as folder QBTEST.
- Open the new QBTEST folder and Paste the company file there.
- Now, Open QuickBooks and hold the CTRL key simultaneously.
- Press Open or Restore an Existing Company and examine the C:QBTEST folder that you built.
- Open the company file that you have copied in the QBTEST folder.
The above solutions will help you to fix QuickBooks won’t open issue on your own. If the problem still occurs, call us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
If you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community. It has numerous answered questions that could lead to resolving many of your QuickBooks related problems.