Sage accounting software is one of the most prominent and trustworthy software that makes bookkeeping hassle-free and consistently come up with advanced features. Moreover, Sage comes up with the most recent version with more improvements and new exciting features. If you’re using Sage for a long time, you must be aware of error codes that might pop up occasionally while working on it. Today, we will be discussing one such error i.e. Sage Data Service Error that may hamper your business-related activities.
Let’s start understanding the root causes behind the sage data service error and then find efficient solutions to fix it.
Root Causes of the Sage Data Service Error
To get rid of the data service error, you first have to understand the causes behind its occurrence. For your convenience, we have listed all the possible causes that may cause the Sage data service error.
- When you have disabled the network message, this may lead to a Sage data service error.
- Because of using an older version of the Sage software.
- If you are not using the Mapped drive, a Sage error appears.
- When you have turned off the system domain name, this may cause an issue.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Sage Error 1920?
How to Troubleshoot Sage Data Service Error?
Here, we have discussed all the probable solutions that can be followed in order to deal with the Sage data service error. You are suggested to perform the underneath solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Fix the corrupted Network Connection
- First of all, go to the server and launch the pervasive service.
- If you are unable to launch it, uninstall the service.
- After that, reinstall the Pervasive standard and do the security checks.
- Now, check all permissions on the network server.
- Finally, resolve recent permissions and installations.
Solution 2: Update the Sage Software
- Firstly, install the recent version of the Sage 50 Accounts on the server.
- Now, shut down all the running data services.
- After installing the recent updates, reboot the system to apply the changes.
- Organize the server installation and check whether Microsoft .NET 4.5 has been installed properly or not by following the underneath steps.
- Choose the Start option > Control Panel > Programs (For Windows 7 & Vista Users)
- Press and hold the Windows + R keys and write Control Panel. And then, choose Ok and exit the Windows features. Now, enable Microsoft .NET 4.5 (For Windows 8 & 10 users).
- Finally, check whether the Sage data service error has been fixed.
Solution 3: Reconnect the Mapped Drive
- Press Windows + E keys, and then select This PC.
- Click Map Network Drive present at the top menu.
- After that, choose the desired drive letter, then select Browse.
- Select the computer to map to along with the shared folder, and then click OK.
- Lastly, click Finish.
Solution 4: Switch on the Computer Domain Name
- Firstly, type the server or hostname.
- If you are unable to do so, there might be a chance of the damaged network.
- In this case, we recommend getting in touch with our experts.
Solution 5: Link to the domain of the Host PC
In this solution, you need to check that the domain should be linked to the Administrative system instead of the workstation.
At this point, we hope that the above post consists of all the required info regarding Sage Data Service Error. You can manually resolve this error by following one of the aforementioned solutions. If in case, you are still struggling with the same issue and unable to fix it alone, contact us and talk to one of our skilled professionals. We can be obtainable 24/7 to assist our valuable users regarding every Sage-related issue.