Sage accounting software is one of the most prominent and trustworthy software that makes bookkeeping hassle-free and consistently come up with advanced features. Moreover, Sage comes up with the most recent version with more improvements and new exciting features. If you’re using Sage for a long time, you must be aware of error codes that might pop up occasionally while working on it. Today, we will be discussing one such error i.e. Sage Data Service Error that may hamper your business-related activities.
Let’s start understanding the root causes behind the sage data service error and then find efficient solutions to fix it.
Root Causes of the Sage Data Service Error
To get rid of the data service error, you first have to understand the causes behind its occurrence. For your convenience, we have listed all the possible causes that may cause the Sage data service error.
- When you have disabled the network message, this may lead to a Sage data service error.
- Because of using an older version of the Sage software.
- If you are not using the Mapped drive, a Sage error appears.
- When you have turned off the system domain name, this may cause an issue.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Sage Error 1920?
How to Troubleshoot Sage Data Service Error?
Here, we have discussed all the probable solutions that can be followed in order to deal with the Sage data service error. You are suggested to perform the underneath solutions one by one.
Solution 1: Fix the corrupted Network Connection
- First of all, go to the server and launch the pervasive service.
- If you are unable to launch it, uninstall the service.
- After that, reinstall the Pervasive standard and do the security checks.
- Now, check all permissions on the network server.
- Finally, resolve recent permissions and installations.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Solution 2: Update the Sage Software
- Firstly, install the recent version of the Sage 50 Accounts on the server.
- Now, shut down all the running data services.
- After installing the recent updates, reboot the system to apply the changes.
- Organize the server installation and check whether Microsoft .NET 4.5 has been installed properly or not by following the underneath steps.
- Choose the Start option > Control Panel > Programs (For Windows 7 & Vista Users)
- Press and hold the Windows + R keys and write Control Panel. And then, choose Ok and exit the Windows features. Now, enable Microsoft .NET 4.5 (For Windows 8 & 10 users).
- Finally, check whether the Sage data service error has been fixed.
Solution 3: Reconnect the Mapped Drive
- Press Windows + E keys, and then select This PC.
- Click Map Network Drive present at the top menu.
- After that, choose the desired drive letter, then select Browse.
- Select the computer to map to along with the shared folder, and then click OK.
- Lastly, click Finish.
Solution 4: Switch on the Computer Domain Name
- Firstly, type the server or hostname.
- If you are unable to do so, there might be a chance of the damaged network.
- In this case, we recommend getting in touch with our experts.
Solution 5: Link to the domain of the Host PC
In this solution, you need to check that the domain should be linked to the Administrative system instead of the workstation.
At this point, we hope that the above post consists of all the required info regarding Sage Data Service Error. You can manually resolve this error by following one of the aforementioned solutions. If in case, you are still struggling with the same issue and unable to fix it alone, contact us and talk to one of our skilled professionals. We can be obtainable 24/7 to assist our valuable users regarding every Sage-related issue.
A: This happens due to the wrong version of the Sage Accounts Data Service. Or, when the software has stopped running on the PC that saves the Sage Accounts data. If Sage Accounts was working earlier, this can be fixed manually by restarting the Sage Accounts Data Service.
A: Here are the steps of how to check the status of the Sage data service.
Choose the Windows key where the data has been kept.
After that, you need to enter services in the Run windows.
Now, search for the Sage 50 Accounts in the list of services.
A: For this, you first need to double-tap on the file and follow the instructions. After following it, you need to install the recent data service updates. And then, choose the link for your version such as Sage Accounts v27 – No update required.
A: You can apply the underneath steps to fix any error related to the Sage software.
Firstly, choose Run repair and then try to create a backup.
Access automatic routines to resolve the data.
After that, verify the data for errors.
If the Sage data is free of issues, choose Close and continue working on Sage.
A: Follow the step mentioned below to restart the Sage software.
Firstly, choose More and then click on Settings.
Now, select Data Management, then click on Reset my Data.
Give your email address of the Sage service.
Finally, click on Delete Data.
A: Below, we have given the steps to refresh the Sage Drive.
Initially, choose Tools and then select the Sage Drive.
Now, choose Lock Sage Drive.
Choose the Refresh Sage Drive option.
A: Perform the underneath steps for installing the Sage Accounts Data Service.
Firstly, you need to insert your Sage Accounts DVD into the DVD drive.
After that, click on Install Software from the Accounts window.
Next, choose Next and then click on Data Service only to accept the terms and conditions.
Finally, go through the prompts to complete the process.
A: Beneath is the list of the steps to reconnect the Sage Drive.
First of all, launch the Sage Accounts from the Select Company window.
Note down the Data path for each Drive company of Sage.
Click on Cancel.
Now, press the Windows + R keys altogether and then enter Services.
Finally, choose stop the services.
A: Given below are the steps to configure the Sage data service.
The server keeps the data and a copy of the Sage Accounts.
The data is kept by the server and uses the data service, but doesn’t contain the copy of the installed Sage Accounts.
A copy of Sage accounts along with the data will be kept by the server including the installed data service.
A: Follow the below-mentioned steps to upgrade the Sage 2021.
Firstly, double-click on the Sage icon to open the Sage software.
Choose the Help menu option and then click on Check for updates.
After that, follow the ongoing prompts.
Lastly, select Help.