How to Activate and Use QuickBooks Direct Deposit?
QuickBooks is indeed the best available accounting software used throughout the world by thousands of companies. It helps to manage all track inventory which contains completed information in the form of statements. QuickBooks Direct Deposit allows you to pay your employees without the hassle of writing or printing Checks. In this blog, we will discuss how to set up direct deposit in QuickBooks edit or remove it. So, let’s get started!
The process to activate and use QuickBooks Direct Deposit
All these steps of editing, setting and depositing can be performed after activating direct deposit for your company in QB Desktop Payroll. The employees who want direct deposit must follow the steps. First, they need to fill out a Direct Deposit Authorization form. After this, they must produce a voided check from their bank account. These are only for the records and need not be submitted to QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to Set up an employee for QuickBooks Direct Deposit
- Firstly, select Employees and then select the Employee Center to open the employee list.
- Now, double-click on the employee’s name.
- Then, select the Payroll Info tab.
- After this, choose Direct Deposit button.
- In the Direct Deposit window, click on Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name].
- Choose whether to deposit the paycheck into one or two accounts.
- Enter the employee’s financial institution information that includes the Bank Name, Routing No., Account No., and Account Type.
- If you wish to deposit to two accounts, then you need to enter the amount or percentage that the employee wants to deposit to the first account in the Amount to Deposit field. The remaining amount is deposited to the second account.
- Choose OK to save the information.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15270? [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
Next paycheck you create for the employee will be kept for direct deposit in the future. If you want a direct deposit on a paycheck that has already been created but not sent, then you should delete the paycheck and recreate it. Add the checkmark back next to Use Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop and then confirm the correct direct deposit information that has been added and save the paycheck.
How to edit an employee’s direct deposit information?
You need to edit the bank account information of the employee before creating a paycheck for him/her. Paychecks that are created before one updates the employee’s account information will be deposited directly to the old bank account. To avoid this, you can delete and reform the paychecks before sending them to Intuit, by following the below steps:
- First, you need to open the paycheck and go to the Paycheck Detail window.
- Now, uncheck the Use Direct Deposit option on the paycheck detail and select Save and then Save & Close.
- In the end, open the paycheck again and choose the Use Direct Deposit option. After this, click on Save.
Removing Direct Deposit permanently from an employee’s profile
For not paying the direct deposit to an employee, you can remove them from the setup.
- Firstly, choose Employees and then select Employee Center.
- Double-click on the name of the employee to edit that profile.
- Now, click on the Payroll Info tab.
- At last, click on Direct Deposit button. Then, select to clear the box Use Direct Deposit for this employee.
If one wants to make a one-time regular but non-direct deposit paycheck for an employee, who is only paid via direct deposit, all you need to do change a direct deposit paycheck into a regular paycheck.
For professional support, Instantly get in touch at QuickBooks Payroll Support Number and speak to Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Thank you for visiting our site. We are always ready to help you with any of your queries related to QuickBooks Direct Deposit. We feel glad helping you, and you are always welcome over here on this platform. Further, if you ever feel the need of taking advice from your fellow business owners that happened to be our existing subscribers, you can visit our thriving QuickBooks Community Forum. Still, if you do not find an answer for your specific question within the community. In that case, you can also post your question in the community to get the requisite answer from the contributing members.