Printing from QuickBooks is one of the most essential and a can’t live without features in QuickBooks. Despite the benefits of printing from QuickBooks, you are quite likely to encounter QuickBooks Printing Issues and Errors. Printing issues with QuickBooks are because of a missing or corrupt component in QuickBooks, or the issues with your printer or with the computer. The most tear-jerking situation QuickBooks won’t print from QuickBooks and you wonder, How to Print Paychecks in QuickBooks.
In this article, you will know all about the causes and solutions, if your Quickbooks not printing. Also, this article is split into various sections to simplify the access to the information of your interest. The information fragments are about Introduction, Causes of QuickBooks Printing Issues, how to fix QuickBooks Printing problems etc. The causes of QuickBooks Printing Problems can also lead to a related issue of QuickBooks unable to save as PDF.
Causes of “QuickBooks Won’t Print” Problem
We use Printing in QuickBooks for several purposes. Similarly, there are multiple causes of QuickBooks Printing issues. The solutions to problems printing from QuickBooks are 80 percent the same as mentioned in this article. The rest needs the involvement of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor for printing problems. Meanwhile, take a look at the most common QuickBooks Printing Issues/Problems.
- QB issues connecting to the printer.
- QuickBooks not connecting to Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- QuickBooks Software doesn’t save your form or reports as a .pdf due to damaged components.
- QuickBooks freezes while saving pdf for synching issues.
- QB freezes when printing due to unresponsive XPS port.
- Missing XPS Printer Driver.
- QuickBooks doesn’t print to a printer and QuickBooks print command routes to null.
- QuickBooks doesn’t convert to pdf file because of XPS Writer.
- QB doesn’t convert to print due to communication issues.
- Unrecoverable error while printing from QuickBooks desktop for file readability issues.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Error 14982 50172
- PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30 in QuickBooks
- Error 1722 or 1801 was ignored while installation.
- Unrecoverable error with the code 15064 06798
- Cannot communicate with the company file.
- Missing QuickBooks PDF component needs repair.
- QuickBooks unable to complete the printing action due to missing components.
- Print host driver problems in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error can be a primary cause.
- QuickBooks is not able to print directly to pdf converter.
GET INSTANT RESOLUTION
Get our expert Quickbooks ProAdvisor on call to resolve your query in no-time.
Computer issues that the QuickBooks Printing Problems
- Offline or turned off a printer.
- Misaligned or empty printer paper tray.
- Nullified QuickBooks printer driver.
- Logged in with a windows guest account.
Note: these issues must be kept in deliberation if your QuickBooks is unable to print Invoice or checks.
Important points to ponder about how to Fix QuickBooks printer won’t open problem?
- You QuickBooks must be on the latest release.
- The Windows operating must be updated before your start resolving QuickBooks Printing issues.
- Furthermore, a correct printer driver is installed and there are no connectivity issues between computer and printer.
- Check if you are able to print outside QuickBooks.
If you are assured, that none of the issues are present in your IT arrangement. Follow the Steps to resolve QuickBooks printing issues and QuickBooks PDF problems on your own.
Also Read: How to Download and Use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
How to Fix QuickBooks Printing Problems?
In order to resolve QuickBooks Printing Issues or Quickbooks won’t print issue, please follow the below-mentioned steps watchfully, and in the order, they are placed. Before you start QuickBooks Printing Troubleshooting, restart your computer and the printer you have troubles printing with QuickBooks. Once the computer is back up, turn your printer on and follow Easy Steps to fix the troubles printing with QuickBooks.
Steps to Fix Printing Troubles with QuickBooks:
STEP-1: Check the Printer outside QuickBooks
- Open Microsoft Word or Notepad.
- Type or paste some text in and Open-File Menu and Select
- Meanwhile, print on the default printer or Select a different one from the drop-down menu.
- If it prints the text confirms there is no problem with the printer driver.
STEP-2: Fixing the Printer Issues
- Shut down the computer and your printer.
- Make sure that you have paper properly placed in the tray and there is no paper Jam.
- Make sure interface cables are firmly connected (Unplug and plug them again from the computer and the printer side.
- Turn on the computer and the printer back on.
- Open Windows Control Panel and select Printer
- Make sure to make your printer online by right-clicking and Select Use Printer Online.
- Cancel the existing print queue by double-clicking the respective printer.
- Finally, print a Windows Test Page, the printer and computer are ok if get the test print right.
If the Test Page doesn’t print
- Firstly, connect the computer to a different computer
- Secondly, download and install the updated printer driver from the printer manufacturer’s website.
- Connect your printer to a different computer and check if it’s fine.
- Finally, contact your printer manufacturer support if you encounter errors on the printer’s Control Panel or the printer just doesn’t print.
If the printer works fine outside QuickBooks, perform Step-3 for troubleshooting QuickBooks Printing Problems.
STEP-3: Using QuickBooks Print and Repair Tool
Using QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool can fix common printing issues. Try printing again, after you run the Print and PDF Repair Tool. On the other hand, you can try manual changes with the steps mentioned below.
- Locate QBPrint.qbp file on the computer having troubles printing with QuickBooks.
- The file has to be manually renamed by prefixing any word that you like.
- On Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 the file location is C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 2XXX.
- Furthermore, if you are not able to locate the file, make sure to unhide the hidden files and folders.
- Right-click on the QBprint.qbp to rename it.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file, a new qbprint.qbp is created automatically
- Open a transaction that you had a problem creating PDF in QuickBooks or troubles printing with QuickBooks to check if it works fine.
- You can also try to print from QuickBooks Sample company File to confirm if it was a problem with your company file.
We are hopeful that the mentioned in this article are helpful. These are some of the solutions you can follow to get QuickBooks won’t print problem solved. If you have any further queries regarding this issue, Connect to QuickBooks Error Support Number.
Feel free to visit our QuickBooks Community. You should be able to find all the answers to your questions there. If you do not, then please post the question there, and we’ll make sure it’s answered within 2-3 days.