How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301?
While working on various versions of QuickBooks, users encounter QuickBooks Error 6000 301. Both of these errors usually occur when QuickBooks attempt to access the company file. Both of these errors might pop out with an error message.
Questions might arise that what are the causes and what are the relevant measures to take care?
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 301
There are multiple causes of QuickBooks Error -6000, -301 to occur. These are as follows:
- Damaged file: Corrupted single or multiple files of QuickBooks Desktop Support Files is one of the main reasons for these errors to occur. The name of these files is as follows:
- ND(The Network Descriptor) files.
- TLG(The Transaction Log) files.
- DSN(The Data Source Name) files.
- Company Files: As discussed earlier, users may face these problems if there is some damage to the company file. These company files will not be accessible in this case.
- Encryption Software: QuickBooks Error 6000 301 might occur when users choose to install Encrypted Software. This encrypted software might hamper the work process, and there is a full-proof chance of these errors to come.
Effects of QuickBooks Error 6000 301
Users might face many of these issues. These are summarized as follows:
- Users will not be able to access the damaged company files. Hence, users may have to rebuild the same company files, and they will be suffering a massive time crunch.
- Users may require downloading the QuickBooks Desktop Support Files to cope with their works. Hence, users will face the problem of excess data usage and time management.
Also Read: How To Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error? [xyz-ihs snippet=”consult-button”]
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 301
It is advisable by users to follow these simple solutions to counter QuickBooks error 6000 301. These are as follows:
- Update the Software: Users should update QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release. It will wipe out the above issues of these errors.
- QuickBooks Support Files: Users should rename the following QuickBooks Support files. For this, users should follow these simple steps:
- Users should open the folder containing company files.
- There, they should look out for the file extensions .nd, .tlg, and .dsn with the same name as that of QuickBooks File.
- Users are advised to the right- click all these files and then select Rename. Users should also add .OLD with it. These files will be recreated automatically on QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks File Doctor: Users should download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor and scan all the errors persisting in the files. After easy downloading, users should follow these simple steps:
- After downloading QuickBooks File Doctor, users should double-click exe. It will ensure installing QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After that, users should look out for the icon on the Windows taskbar for opening if it hasn’t opened automatically.
- Using the drop-down list, users should find out the company file. If not found, users should click on the browse button and then locate to continue.
- After this, users need to select the option both file damage and network connectivity.
- When prompted correctly, users need to enter the Admin password given on company files and click Next.
- Then, users need to choose the Host/Server or workstation carefully. If they are running the File Doctor on the workstation, then they should select Workstation. Similarly, if they are running the File Doctor on the server computer, then they should pick Server.
- Users should click yes if they are running File Doctor on the computer hosting the company files. Otherwise, they should select no.
- Users should finish the diagnosing properly.
- Disable any Encrypted Software: Users should disable all the encrypted Software run by the third-party encryption software.
Users should follow these above steps to repair QuickBooks Error 6000, -301. For further queries, they should contact QuickBooks Error Tech Support. (Toll-Free).